Thread: Reptilian

Default Reptilian

A low budget masterpiece. I don't know if I've ever laughed so hard at a serious movie. You HAVE to watch it. This is a rip off of Godzilla. I mean, just look at the logo.

There's one part where they are riding in a jeep in the desert and the camera angle is from outside looking in. You can see the camera man riding on the hood of the car clear as day. It's hilarious.

Watch the Trailer here

"Shim Hyung Rae's monster movie Reptilian (also known as 2001 Yonggary) plays like a tribute (a low-budget, grade-Z tribute) to the classic Japanese monster movies of the fifties. General Murdock (Dan Cahman) must stop the destructive dinosaur before the president attacks it with nuclear weaponry. Enthusiasts of old Godzilla movies, as well as all those who miss the glory days of Mystery Science Theater 3000, will certainly enjoy this unintentionally campy romp."
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

That looks like the perfect movie to have some friends over and just rip apart. Who are the guys with the jet packs? I would totally reenlist if I could get a jetpack.

Another classic rubber-suit rip-off monster movie is Reptilicus from the 1960's. It's a Dutch movie, badly dubbed, horrible special effects, but makes you laff your ass off it is so bad.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thread Information