Thread: inhaling...

1. Default inhaling...

Hey guys, I just turned 18 a couple months ago and a relative bought me a cigar to smoke with him. I just a question for all of you out there that are FAR more experienced than I.

Q: How do I really know if I am inhaling the smoke or not? If I put it to my mouth, lightly suck on it, and then exhale the smoke in my mouth, does that mean the smoke is actually reaching my lungs?

2. Default

If cigar smoke hits your lungs you will know it.

WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO INHALE IT ANYWAY?

Although there are some who do inhale, and I must say that they are a minority. IMHO a foolish one at that.

Cigars are not meant to be inhaled if that's what you're asking.

get a large mouthfull of smoke, open you mouth and take a deep breath. turn away from people and proceed to puke.

5. Default

Used to inhale them when I smoked ciggies,don't do it now but when I did a JdN was a hell of a rush when you inhaled it
    The older I get ,the better I was

Inevitably some smoke will make it to your lungs. So if you are fanatical about not inhaling anything, then it will be tough to enjoy a cigar. However, the amount of inhalation is minimal as long as you don't make an effort to inhale. So puff, hold in your mouth, enjoy and let it go.

The key is to smoke around lots of ventilation. Preferably outside. Then your chance of accidently inhaling some are minimal at best. That is why during the winter months the amount of cigars smoked is usually less.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Yuck !!! Never inhale..... as a fellow BOTL once explained ot me.....

Cigar smoking is like drinking a good wine, you want to taste and smell every slight difference in the tobacco..... Your lungs don't have taste buds, so why inhale ?

Blog Entries

If I deliberately inhaled cigar smoke I'd gag

However, since I smoke an average of three per day, I do wind up inhaling a very small amount of smoke which isn't too good for me

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge
    If cigar smoke hits your lungs you will know it.
    That's right, you'll have an auto-reflex that will help you expel it awfully fast.

SFG75 Guest

O.K., you bastards cursed me. I was smoking last night and reading a great book. I drew in the smoke from the cigar and all of a sudden-drew in some more out of a hiccup like reaction. I honestly thought I was going to die but I didn't want to disappoint you fellas. I especially knew that a few of ya would be terribly disappointed, so I hung on for dear life. My voice was raspy and my eyes watered, it was almost as if I was doing a Bill Clinton impression. Completely ruined my night. And now I have you guys to thank for it.

I'm contacting my personal attorney, Mr. Jason A. Ewing, Esq. and he will file a suit claiming that this entire thread caused irreparable harm to my smoking evening. That's two lawsuits that I have against Hex already.

Uhm, what's the first??
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    Uhm, what's the first??
    By setting up that darn one post every 30 seconds rule, violation of my 1st amendment rights of free speech. Alos, avatar limit-freedom of expression.

Thread Information