Thread: Steak Recipes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Steak Recipes

It's time. Summer time. Grillin' time. The thrill of the grill. Chillin' & Grillin'.

I had my first official grill out last nite. Steaks, as usual, and corn on the cob.

What I wanna know is how you do it. From start to finish. I cook mine the same way everytime.

Usually marinate in Dale's. Throw it on the grill. Add some Tony C's Creole Seasoing. And I like to flip it multiple times. I know guys who flip it twice, but I'll flip it about 6 times.

It's a good steak, but I wanna try something new.

Also, what's some side items that you cook with it?
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Coat my steaks with a brush of Vegetable oil and a steak seasoning powder, I usually get my steaks from Costco, usually a 4 pack size of Sirloins so you can guess the size, nice big steak!
    I do them one side for about 6 to 7 minutes a side (turning about 40 degrees after 3 minutes, for the criss cross marks) than turn once for the other side.
    Last night with my steak we had baked potatoes and I did a summer squash wrapped in foil a little EVOO and italian seasoning mixture, wrap in foil and put on the top rack of grill for about a half hour, delicious!
    “ Laughter relaxes. And relaxation is spiritual.”

All depends on the cut. But for a sirloin, usually salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and then grill on a hot grill, I don't prescribe to any turning method, I just move them around to make sure they all cook even.

For a rib-eye, just coarse salt and pepper.

I'll marinade strips and London broils. Kinda depends on what I'm after for flavor.

Sometimes I'll use a little liquid smoke, sometimes not. My four year old loves steak medium rare but I need to go mild, a lot milder than I would prefer, on the spices.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Mine is simple:

Knock it's horns off, wipe it's ass and walk it through the kitchen.

I like my beef blue rare, and in regards to steaks, I'll eat sirloin, rib-eye, strip-loin and once in a while, tenderloin. Unfortunately, since my weight loss program almost 1-1/2 years ago, I eat been maybe once a week, so it's a real treat for me.

Canada has a steak chain called The Keg, and they serve what they call a "Baseball Sirloin". It's about 3-1/2" in diameter and usually 2" - 2-1/2" thick. Mmmmmmmmmm good.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

I usually coat my steaks in BBQ sauces and various spices and garlic powder and sometimes add some beer if I'm letting it sit for a while... its gotta be rare though. I like doing potatoes on the BBQ in tinfoil with some onions and peppers and spices for a side.

I'm a big believer that steaks should be relatively unadorned; the flavor of the steakshould be able to stand on its own, and if they can't, buy your steaks somewhere else.

I almost always buy ribeyes, both on the bone and boneless. I heat my grill to about 600 degrees, then open the lid and slap my steaks down. Kosher salt and black pepper liberally on the steaks; wait about 2-3 minutes to get a good, deep char, then flip and season the other side. Wait 2-3 more minutes, then if they are really thick, take them off the direct heat, close the lid, and let them cook on indirect heat a few more minutes.

Best damn steaks in the world, except for a few high-end steakhouses I frequent.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post

Knock it's horns off, wipe it's ass and walk it through the kitchen.

You sure do love your...... er....

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    You sure do love your...... er....
    LOL, you were saying??
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Thread Information