Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steak Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    I'm a big believer that steaks should be relatively unadorned; the flavor of the steakshould be able to stand on its own, and if they can't, buy your steaks somewhere else.

I use to marinate in Dales, but then I learned to grill steaks...

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Kosher salt and black pepper liberally on the steaks; wait about 2-3 minutes to get a good, deep char, then flip and season the other side. Wait 2-3 more minutes, then if they are really thick, take them off the direct heat, close the lid, and let them cook on indirect heat a few more minutes.
    x2

Awwww, c'mon! You know you guys like ketchup on your Filet' Mignon!
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

I was told once by a chef that no matter how you grill a steak, let it rest for about 7 minutes after you take it off of the grill. It's supposed to improve the flavor.

I never have the patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    Bulgogi? A korean flank steak marinde recipe made with thin sliced flank steak. It's similar to Teriyaki.
    Yep that's it, I just couldn't spell it where it looked right. So I assume you have had some? It's good isn't it.....

Check Please.....Whatever floats your boat, I've seen it done
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    Awwww, c'mon! You know you guys like ketchup on your Filet' Mignon!
    Last edited by Bucnak; 05-25-2007 at 08:36 AM.
    “ Laughter relaxes. And relaxation is spiritual.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    Yep that's it, I just couldn't spell it where it looked right. So I assume you have had some? It's good isn't it.....
    Yes, very good! I was stationed in Korea for a year and I like Korean food in general. Very spicy stuff!
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post

I use to marinate in Dales, but then I learned to grill steaks...

x2
    If you're ever in Houston, let me know, and I'll get together a mini herf at my house and make steaks!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Wrote a raving post on the greatness of Montreal Steak Seasoning, then saw it was already posted...

looks like enough steak suggestions. its all preference...you really cant go wrong with any steak with nice marbling to it. i persaonlly grab blade steaks.

sides...i love corn. on the bbq i soak however many cobs still in the husk for bout 15min is some water then leave them on the grill for bout 20 min. or if your grill is full, which mine usually is, you can stack them in the oven for bout 30min at 350. the cobs steam and char at the same time. very sweet.

-victor

IMO, corn boiled in salted water is king of the hill.

You can't beat a good corn on the cob for a side dish, IMO.

12. Default

One time last summer I took some steak straight out of the package and threw it on the grill then cut an orange in half and squeezed a half onto each side of the steak while it was cooking.

It was different...

I'm going to have to try it a couple more times before I decide if I really liked it better than the usual way.

Also, marinating overnight in Italian dressing is a great way to make a cheaper cut of meat taste better. Try it. You'll be surprised. (sorry if that was already mentioned, I didn't read the entire topic)

Thread Information