Thread: What a difference a year makes?

Default What a difference a year makes?

Well, I am bored tonight and am ready for the long weekend to start. I just spent a hour of so making sure all of my cigars were in the right spot in the cooler.
    As I was making sure you could read all of the labels and they looked as pretty as they taste, I thought to myself, I need to fill in these spots left vacant by past smokes. It was then, that I thought compared to last year at this time, I have at least 4 or 5 times more cigars now. But somehow that is not enough.

Last year this time, I was beside myself that I had 5 or 6 cigars in my 25 ct desktop. I can actually think back to a day when I came home with like 7 or 8 sticks, I thought to myself, "aww man, I'm going to be set for months". That is not case now. Last year, was the first time I smoke during our annual "Crawfish Boil Bash". I smoked one cigar and I don't even remember what it was, and I am pretty sure I didn't smoke but maybe half of it. Last weekend we had our "Crawfish Boil Bash" and I smoked 3 (AF, Don Pepin, Kiki Brown) and each of them when all the way to the nub. Last year, I smoked mainly by myself while boiling, this year, I was able to share my stash with two other fellas, we actually made it a point to sit down and talk and enjoy our smokes.

Last year at this time, I smoked cigars, but didn't know much about what I was smoking, but thanks to this site and others, I now have at least a working knowledge of what brands there are, and what I like and what to try in the future. I couldn't be happier with my new hobby, at this rate, I can only imagine what next year inventory will be.

Well that is all, just thought I would share. Peace, Love and thick clouds of smoke
    Last edited by The Korean; 05-25-2007 at 08:48 AM.

i'm the same as you... except the one year thing is only 6 months

Cigar smoking, just like anything else in life, is a learning experience. Fortunately, you have a supportive team behind you that is supportive of whichever path you follow. We're hear for you, just as you're here for us. Cheers, buddy; we're with you no matter what path you take.

It's a slippery slope. I just started about 2.5 years ago. I'm at two humidors now, a 70ct and a 300ct, and they are usually both full. I have too many lighters, cutters, ashtrays, hats, etc, than I can count. But I've slowed down a lot, I'm a lot more selective in my purchases of cigars and toboccanalia than I used to be.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I'm actually pretty good at self control. I only buy what I'm gonna smoke, then smoke it.

I can agree with Korea. I started out with a 50 count glass top and now i have a cooler, work at a cigar shop and am really trying to restrain myself from the 8 boxes or so that I really want to get at the moment. However, what i have learned and experienced over the last year has been phenomenal and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    ... trying to restrain myself from the 8 boxes ...

Thread Information