Page 102 of 555 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

Quote Originally Posted by designwise1 View Post
    Good smoke. I liked it almost as much as a Hoyo de Monterrey in a dark Sumatra wrapper. Almost.
    From my newbie perspective-- this beat the hell out of Punch, Upmann, RyJ and most of the others I've tried so far in the past two weeks.
    So far, I like the Maduro wrapper smokes best.
    Any suggestions from you experts ?
    I'm not a fan of maduros but the one I liked the best was the Fuente 858. Check out the review I wrote on it. You might also want to try Habanos Puros maduro. It is Cuban seed, and worth a try.
    Last edited by cls515; 08-11-2006 at 10:14 PM.

Last night

Cohiba red dot mad. Decided to splurge and these were fresh in the store. Nice flavor, a few change ups. On the light side of medium in strength. I won't get anymore - there are better cigars for the money. e.g., 26's, 64's, Padilla 811 (IMO), Tataje.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

RyJ Bully that seems to have improved a lot since I bought them last easter.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

VSG Tres Mustuque watching the sun slowly go down

Grabbed an old favorite from the humidor, paragas black lable. First smoke I'v had in probably two months.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentChamber View Post
    Grabbed an old favorite from the humidor, paragas black lable. First smoke I'v had in probably two months.
    Never heard of these are they good?

Just bustin on you man
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Yesterday afternoon, Rocky Patel Edge Corojo
    Brian Wells

A few moments ago, Cuesta-Rey Centenario
    Brian Wells

Sunday night / Monday morning - Partagas SD4 in celebration of my poker tourney win.

Blog Entries

Default minis with flavor added

Received a new shipment and had to try a couple...
    Macoba Minis (vanilla flavor from Germany) - not bad. Kind of like smoking a filterless cigarette, though.
    CAO Moontrance (Dominican Rep.) - much better than the above. I'm not crazy about flavored smokes but I could suffer through one of these occasionally. Helix Remix are still my favorite in the flavored line (amoretto).

Leter in the day I smoked a Manuel (Manolo) Quesada (Matasa?) -- one of those overrun deals from Cig. Intl. -- Very smooth Conn. wrapper, definitely a keeper and I wish I had bought more than one box. When I opened the box this afternoon I noticed bloom - not mold- on every stick. First time I've seen that...

Oh well, lots of different smokes to try yet.
    Last edited by designwise1; 08-15-2006 at 06:36 PM. Reason: added info
    --Gerald

Last night it was an unbanded pyramid - not sure of the origin, but it was a fantastic cigar (a gift from a BOTL). Afterwards I had an Opus X Petit Lancero. VERY NICE! Paired the two up with a Maredsous Triple 10 Belgian Ale!!!

I started out the day with a RyJ Cazadores from June/July 05. Its a nice power house and unmatched in strength my any cigar of that nature. Sure made my day. But I received a bomb from a guy I am doing a box split with him and one of the smokes he sent was a Moontrance. I knew it was gonna be a horrible experience but smoked 1/2 of it anyways. Tossed it and lit up a 3yo SLR A which made up for it. A few others will go down tonight but havent decided what after 3 boxes of Opus X landed at my door today.

vegas de fonseca #10
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Black Pearl Rojo Toro
    Brian Wells

Saturday - Carlos Torano Virtuoso (it was ok), Sunday - Carlos Torano Casa Torano toro (great), Monday - Gran Habano Habano (cuban seed and it was, ok), Tuesday - Af Petit Corona, today - Camacho Coyolar toro.

Last night I had my remaining God of Fire, the Don Carlos size. I was saving it for a special occasion (not decided on) but since I'm unemployed my stash is waning. I figured hell, I want a good cigar tonight and this guy is just sitting here...why not? A bit stronger than I've been smoking lately, but that just made me slow down a bit, which is a good thing. I can powerpuff at times.

With all the VSG talk in the recent poll thread, I had to have one. Smoke a torpedo tonight and did not want to put it out. I was out of Dr. Pepper so the VSG was enjoyed with one of those new Pepsi "Jazz" concoctions. Not a bad soda at all..
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Blog Entries

Default Puros Indios Res. Max. Maduro

Dontcha' just love newbies? I know every day I claim to have a new favorite. Well, today is no different. I had another of those sh*tty Macoba (succeeded in giving away two boxes of them, too -- hurray!), another Moontrance (only 6 left), another Upmann (so-so) and THEN I had a Reserva Maxima Corona by Puros Indios. Yum.
    What will tomorrow bring? I've been wanting to try one of my Perdomo's. Perhaps...
    --Gerald

Who says ya just gotta have one?
    Brian Wells

Blog Entries

Because I only have two of them! I have to mix things up a little and play with ALL my new toys
    BTW, I'm wishing I had made a coolerdor first thing. My humi runneth over...
    --Gerald

Thread Information