Page 103 of 555 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

Blog Entries

Today I finally smoked one of my Perdomos. A Cabinet La Tradicion Series P. Whatever that means... Whoa! I guess this is what full-bodied means. I picked up the "chocolate" aftertaste I have been hearing about. And spicy. Definitely spicy. My tongue was on fire!
    Next I smoked a 5 Vegas Series "A" Anomaly. Thanks for the suggestion from someone here last week. This was a great smoke. Not like the Perdomo in any way but pure pleasure throughout the entire stick. I think I'm going to be a Honduras Maduro man.
    --Gerald

I'm in WAY over my head...then again, it's nice to be playing in the big leagues. On vacation I picked up some small Punches and they are great. I also have one Punch Rare Corojo that I'm saving for Sunday. My everyday cigars are Spirit of Cubas and I prefer the Habanos. Thanks for letting me be here with the big boys.

yesterday, Partagas 898 Varnished. Today, haven't decided yet.

Waited all day for weather to clear up enough and it did, so I had a Tierra Del Sol.
    It was mostly bland and unsatisfying until a little past halfway then it picked up a decent flavor(can't quite place it, kind of chocolatie I guess). I will let the others sit a couple weeks before trying it again.
    Brian Wells

Blog Entries

Drove 85 miles to a tobacconist (Springfield, MO) and bought a few cigars. $2.79 per gallon for gas. On the way I smoked two more of those vile Moontrance. Each one gets worse but they're almost gone.
    This evening I smoked one of those no-label Nicaraguans; the ones that smell like a dog rocket but are fairly decent smokes. Unremarkable might be the right word.

What did I buy for a later date, you ask? Well, they have a limit of two Padron 1964 per customer/per day. They had two left. Yes. Both. And a Montecristo #2 - to see what all the fuss is about.

added: I was also dropping off a pipe to be repaired, not just buying three cigars!!!
    Last edited by designwise1; 08-19-2006 at 12:09 AM. Reason: added info
    --Gerald

Last night, I smoked a Don Diego Aniversario. I have not tried any of the Don Diego line and have heard mixed reviews. The Aniversario was a very nice cigar, IMHO. Well constructed and packing a complex flavor. Thanks, Newf!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Thursday

AF CF Sungrown - this is an excellent cigar IMO
    Cuestra Rey #9 mad. pretty good - medium

Friday

Graycliff PGX I'd had in my humi for a while. OK, not worth the listed MSRP. The espresso is a much better cigar, but pretty high-priced.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I dunno what it was - it was unbanded. I'm going through all of the unbanded cigars sent to my by BOTL's... So far I'm batting a thousand - every one has been fantastic (this one was no exception). I just wish I knew what it was...

Well, I have gotten a little burned out on the selection of cigars in my coolidor, so I picked up a few today.

I got a Padron '64 and a Padron '26 along with a few others.

I tried the '64, and it started off a little bland. After the first quarter, I started picking up the flavor of this cigar and began to like it alot. Overall, I have to say that I really liked it, and I will try this one again. My question is...is the '26 stronger or have more flavor than the '64? I generally go for stronger cigars, and I am expecting more from the '26.

Mike

Blog Entries

Last night and today:
    A Pirate's Gold Maduro, an Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Toro Maduro, a 5 Vegas Corona, a Puros Indios Reserva Maxima Maduro in Media Corona and lastly, a Punch Rothschilds.
    The 5 Vegas was my favorite.
    --Gerald

Carlos Torano 1959 Exodus in my spot on the balcany. I love these smokes.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Blog Entries

A friend of mine brought over a stale Macanudo. I didn't want to hurt his feelings so we tried to smoke them.
    There's only one store in town with a humidor and I'm not sure anyone there knows which end of a cigar to light. Anyway... They were hard, burned uneven, hard to draw, etc. We quit halfway through. I hate it that he wasted $15.
    I'm smoking a good one tomorrow...
    --Gerald

Over the weekend: JdN Antano, 5 Vegas Classic, and a Puros Ache maduro.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

I relaxed with a VSG Illusion after dinner last night. Mmmmm mmmmmmmm good.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Sat.

AF WOA mad. very nice
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I enjoyed a 5 Vegas Series 'A' Artisan with a pint of Guinness. Perfect combo!

Blog Entries

The highlight of my day was a cup of African coffee with a Montecristo Peruvian Especial #2. It started off spicy then became more mellow. Toasty toward the end. MUCH better than yesterday's smoke!
    --Gerald

Indian Tabac Cigar Co. Maduro with some of my Firestone Double Barrel. Great smoke and beer to end a horrible day.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Blog Entries

Am I the only one using this as a cigar journal? What's the sound of one hand clapping? Help me out here...

Tonight's smoke was one of those Cuba Aliados that I purchased from the evil auction. I wasn't expecting much but it was a good smoke. Not bland... mild is probably the word I'm looking for. Consistent flavors throughout - nutty taste. I could have smoked two of these back-to-back.
    --Gerald

RP Vintage 90' Robusto
    Camacho Havana Toro
    I am about to toast up a CAO Vision Robusto that was gifted to me on another forum.............I didn't want to,but it kept nagging me and stareing at me,I couldn't let it get away with that!
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

Thread Information