Page 105 of 555 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

Blog Entries

Default Rocky Patel 1990

I waited all day to smoke this Euro Churchill from RP. Now THIS is a cigar. At this point I'm comparing everything to the La Tradicion Perdomo Reserve Maduro that I smoked a while back. It is my favorite so far; this RP 1990 comes closest. The Dark Sumatra Hoyo's have been booted from second place.
    I'm enjoying my new hobby immensely! Thanks for all the recommendations.
    --Gerald

After lunch today, PAM Principe

After dinner, Padron 1926 #9 maddie

It just felt like a Padron day.

Still raining here,smoked a Flor De Oliva churchill maduro....from last christmas,very good smoke with solid white long ash.
    A good cigar is as great a comfort to a man as a good cry to a woman. ....Edward G Bulwer-Lytton

I have been on a real Padron kick lately and have probably smoked up a dozen ranging from 26's to 64's to the thousand series over the last week. My Dad and I each smoked 3 different sizes of 26's over the weekend as part of my baby sister's wedding festivities.

Anyway, went to a Punch event at the local Tinderbox tonight. Not being in a Punchy mood (I only like the rare corojos and an occasional gran cru), I purchased a Partagas 160- Robusto Major, I believe? Wow. One of the best Cameroon smokes I have tried! I understand these get better with a little age...
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

5 Vegas Serie A .. YUMM Chocolaty and creamy Thanks Chris

6. Default

Ashton Maduro #20

It was alright, but I dont think im experienced enough for maduros yet. But at least it burned evenly and didnt unravel on me.

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    5 Vegas Serie A .. YUMM Chocolaty and creamy Thanks Chris
    Don't get me wrong here, these are admirable smokes. My prob is they tend to draw loosely. I have tried several sizes and boxes as these are one of my Dad's faves. Every time I enjoy the cigar- yet cannot pin-point a certain flavor (lack of personality???) and feel like I am sucking Willy Wonka Nerds through a straw in terms of the draw. A lot of loose leaf in the center?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

I am not gonna tell you it was a very complex smoke but it had lots of chocolate notes and it was a smotth creamy like in texture which Ilike, as far as the loose draw was not a problem here, I find that if it's loose the cigar does not really burn even and gets prety hot, this was a perect burn and not hot I actually nubbed it . Size wise I am not sure Chris ( WOHOF) might remmember

Blog Entries

Default Padron 1964

I've been saving these for a couple of weeks...
    Tonight I smoked my first Padron 1964.

I'm going to quit saying "this is my new favorite" every time I smoke a new cigar.

I swear.

No, really.

--Gerald

Default Today's Smoke

Lunchtime smoke:> Joya de Nicaragua Antano Belicoso

i am beginning to like this one...
    \

Default Todays Smoke

Montecristo Rothchilde
    I got 5 of these with an ashtray it was a good smoke but my only problem with it is that it didnt burn very evenly should I let them age a little while first?

Don't need to age them ( aging = 6 months to 1 year at a min ) just let them sit in your humi for a week or 2 so they get acclimatized to the good RH and enhoy !!!

Default Another Good Smoke

Fuente Hemingway Signature I would rate this a 9 on a scale 1-10

Gurkha Legend. Awesome smoke!
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

It was actually Thursday night after watching "Ernesto" most of the day to see how it would effect the upcoming flight.
    A Trinidad Reyes. It was great in the cool weather near Atlantic City, NJ with good company.
    Great from the start, perfect burn, excellent flavor and just the right size for me.

Default Don Antonio Lonsdale

a good smoke I give it a 7 out of 10

Blog Entries

Default Two smooth smokes

A Puros Indios Res. Maxima and a RP Vint. 1990 (both Maduro).
    This was the second time I smoked each of these. I didn't like the RP nearly as much as the first one I smoked a few days ago. The Puros Indios, however, was better than I remembered my first one being. Nice ash, flavor, smoke, etc. and medium strength. The RP was mild.
    --Gerald

Default Smokezy Lonsdale

This was my afternoon smoke it was Jack Daniels flavored the first one of these I got a friend of mine brought it to me from Gatlinburg I gave it a 7 out of 10

Default Opus X Perfection X

I had this cigar as an evening smoke after a good meal of a Handcut ribeye that I cut Myself and I must say the Opus X is a fine finish to a good meal I give this cigar a 10

Blog Entries

Default V Centennial Oxford Series

Flaky ash, med strength, nice aroma, good construction and perfect draw. Overall, a good smoke. I'd give it a 78 out of 100. Looking forward to the remaining 4.
    --Gerald

Thread Information