Page 159 of 555 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

12/27/2007:
    Casa Torano Toro

Great pre-lit draw. But, once lit, I felt it was lacking enough excitement for me. It left me empty and I needed to smoke something else to redeem this smoke. Alas, I didn't have time and the patience to sit outside in the cold. I must say, this is the only Carlos Torano cigar that I am not pleased with.

Hopefully that Casa Torano Maduro CabaiguanJon gave me would provide what was missing witht this Natural one.

Andrew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyCold5 View Post
    12/27/2007:
    Casa Torano Toro

Great pre-lit draw. But, once lit, I felt it was lacking enough excitement for me. It left me empty and I needed to smoke something else to redeem this smoke. Alas, I didn't have time and the patience to sit outside in the cold. I must say, this is the only Carlos Torano cigar that I am not pleased with.

Hopefully that Casa Torano Maduro CabaiguanJon gave me would provide what was missing witht this Natural one.

Andrew
    The maduro version is definitely worth a shot. I seem to enjoy it more than the natural, though the natural is a good smoke for me when I am craving something light and easy.

Jamie,

I think that's exactly what it was. After eating a big burrito from Chipotle, I guess I should have smoked something medium-full bodied. It was definitely a little too mild for an evening smoke.

Will try to smoke the Maduro version this weekend, if time allows me.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    The maduro version is definitely worth a shot. I seem to enjoy it more than the natural, though the natural is a good smoke for me when I am craving something light and easy.

AF 8-5-8. It wasn't bad, but I'm sure it could have been better. I've been traveling for a week and smoked it outside in the cold, so I'm sure that it would taste better fresh out of the cooler.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

5 Vegas Series A Apostle

Need to let em sit a while longer, had a few burn issues and the wrapper at the foot split as soon as I started to light it. Other than that, once the 1st inch was gone, it smoked and tasted fantastic. I love these cigars.

12/29/2007:
    I needed to redeem myself for the disparaging smoke I had a few days ago, so I went for the big guns. I've had this Opus X sitting in my coolidor for the better part of a year, and I knew I can't go wrong. The outside was getting sticky and the pre-lit draw was very SPICY!!!!

I was out in the cold for two or so hours, ENJOYING every minute of it. Flavor throughout the entire stick. I've never experienced such an enjoyable smoke as I did that evening. It's like when I ate spiney lobster in St. Maarten, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Opus X - Fuente Fuente with 2 glasses of Delerium Tremens Noel.

Andrew
    Last edited by FunkyCold5; 01-08-2008 at 08:59 AM.

Had a Fumadores robusto, a ISOM Cohiba and a Cabaguan Guapo. Strangly enough, i enjoyed the Fumadores the most.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

CT Virtuoso torpedo, pretty good. Been having one about once a month for 6 monthes or so and they are aging nicely. Come in an humidor quality box too.
    Last edited by pub spears; 01-05-2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason: sp

Cao Italia Ciao from my CAO Sampler.

Dominican Trininad Belisoso after lunch and Perdomo Fresco after an afternoon of yard work :)

had another Fumadores (toro) and loved it, but prefer the robusto. Also had a Cusano 18 robusto and thought it was pretty good. I thought it was close to worthy of what CA rated it as.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    had another Fumadores (toro) and loved it, but prefer the robusto. Also had a Cusano 18 robusto and thought it was pretty good. I thought it was close to worthy of what CA rated it as.
    Me too, I had one yesterday and agree it is a good flavorful smoke. The paired maduro is very nice as well......spicy maduro that imho is different than most. Also over the weekend:
    Camacho triple maduro
    LaAurora 1495
    Cusano CC cafe robusto
    CAO criollo

Over the weekend I had:

Gurka Napalease Warrior
    Camacho Coyolar
    Carlos Toranos Exodus 1959
    Padron 3000 maduro

I found the Coyolar unimpressive, just didnt taste good to me at all. I also had to re light it about 4 times. I think it might have been a little bit too full bodied for at the time.

01/07/2008:
    La Aurora Maduro

Wasn't reallly too impressed by this cigar. It's been sitting a while, maybe I shouldn't have let it sit too long in the cooler. That white pume or whatever you call it was around the wrapper. Didn't give enough flavor for me to enjoy the freakishly warm day we had yesterday. It's supposed to be warmer today, so I may go for one of my go-to smokes.

Andrew

I had a Rocky Patel Cuban Blend yesterday that started out with a loose draw and not too much flavor. About a little more than half way the cigar started to taste pretty bad and that was it for me.

Don Pepin Garcia Blue label, I really like this one almost as much as the Black label. Unfortuneatly, Im still a tiny bit congested from a cold I had so I'm not quite getting the full flavor.

Blog Entries

My Secret Santa gave me one of those this year, can't wait to try it. Why was it less enjoyable to you than the black?

Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    My Secret Santa gave me one of those this year, can't wait to try it. Why was it less enjoyable to you than the black?

Welcome to the forum.
    Well I'd like to say that I love Don Pepin Garcia cigars, I cant say I've had that many but I have enjoyed every single one I've smoked. I usually either order them or drive over to the Cigar International store which is like an hour and a half from me.

Both have a nice coffee-like flavor with a good peppery taste. Now that I've smoked the blue label down further I actually am changing opinion and I think the blue label is better than the black. Why? I think the blue is a little bit more consistant further down the cigar and the blue is very surprising in middle. Ashauler, you will enjoy these.
    Last edited by latenightcigars; 01-08-2008 at 05:22 PM.

Blog Entries

had a Phoenix by RP last night, thanks to slcraiders, wrapper was very spicy on the lips, very nice smoke, can't seem to find them though
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I recieved my Famous order yesterday:
    Bahia Trinadad Robustos and La Vieja Habana 8 sampler

Had one of the Bahias last night and liked it. It's a medium bodied smoke with a little spice at the start and some slightly earthy undertones. I think this will be a regular.
    Last edited by SmokeRing; 01-08-2008 at 07:38 PM.
    "Nothing is what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is." B. Banzai

Thread Information