Thread: Today's smokes......

Default todays smoke

Gettin ready to fire up a partgas black for the game.. Brian
    It'll do in a pinch

After a week with out smoking, i had:
    Cheateu Real
    CT 1916 - great but the cold and lack of humidity F'ed up the wrapper
    Tat Black. Thank you John.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Oliva O torp this afternoon

Just finishing a Camacho Corojo right now.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Had a Zino Connoisseur

Torano Signature

Went to a local cafe called Fidel's with a smoking area.

I smoked a RAG while my cousin smoked a Siglo VI.

Seamed fitting.

It was a good afternoon...
    "Science is a candle in the dark" - some science guy

MMmmm... scotch. Another love.

1/18/08

hemi Untold story maddy.
    hemi best seller

and a
    Partagas Culebras. Thanks Brother.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

This morning on the way to work I smoked an Olivera Il Padrino Edicion Italiano "Bugsy". It was lovely. The wrapper was so dark and oily it left some dark residue on my fingers.

I was only 2/3 through it when I got to work. I was puffing pretty aggressively, but it was still a good slow smoke. I clipped it off and left it in the car. Hopefully the last third will still be smokeable on the way home. I've never tried that before. Anyone else here ever clip one off and continue it several hours later?

gurkha grand reserve torp
    arturo fuente its a boy, not bad for 3 dollars (sister had a boy 8lbs 14 oz.)

10. Default

Just finished a RP Vintage 1990. This was one of the best, if not the best cigars I've had to date. I know im not as seasoned as some of you guys but this was definatly a great cigar. As to the question about cliping a cigar. I have done this many times with little to no problems. Sometimes the wrapper will start to unroll a little bit, but will be fine within a minute or two. I find that just letting the cigar go out and relighting to create a foul taste, cutting it gets rid of that taste almost completly.

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by prostartjr1738 View Post
    Just finished a RP Vintage 1990. This was one of the best, if not the best cigars I've had to date. I know im not as seasoned as some of you guys but this was definatly a great cigar. As to the question about cliping a cigar. I have done this many times with little to no problems. Sometimes the wrapper will start to unroll a little bit, but will be fine within a minute or two. I find that just letting the cigar go out and relighting to create a foul taste, cutting it gets rid of that taste almost completly.
    Agreed. Clipping and then re-lighting later on is not that big of a problem. Usually the taste isn't bitter except for maybe initially when first lighting it again. It's a great way to not waste your sticks!

12. Default

Forgot to add. Make sure that when clipping you use a good cutter. I tried it with the cheapie cutter I keep in my car, that was when I experienced some wrapper trouble, works much better with a higher quality cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by King Catfish View Post
    This morning on the way to work I smoked an Olivera Il Padrino Edicion Italiano "Bugsy". It was lovely. The wrapper was so dark and oily it left some dark residue on my fingers.
    Sounds like a "fauxduro" wrapper to me.

Blog Entries

I had this thought too.....I remember reading in cigar magazine about the "maduro-matic" or some such thing where mfg's used to dye their wrappers.

I think dying use to be big back in the boom. I know El Mejor Expresso cigars are dyed maduro.

Found this on JR's:

The other alternative method is dying the leaves the desired dark brown color. This is done in a variety of ways - from sluices, vats, to even a machine that is snidely referred to as the "Madu-O-Matic" by those in the trade. This machine can "create" Maduro wrappers at a blazing pace and, typically, makers will add sugar to the molasses-like dye to sweeten the flavor of the leaf. This process is considered "cheating" by many in the industry, and is held in low regard by many traditional tobacco men. As a consumer, it is easy to detect whether your Maduro cigar is a faux, because most dyed Maduro cigars will actually leave a slight brown stain right on lip of the smoker.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    I think dying use to be big back in the boom. I know El Mejor Expresso cigars are dyed maduro.

Found this on JR's:

*cough* Rocky Patel...
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Picked up a Perdomo Habano Gordo, a Perdomo Reserve Cabinet Series P and an ISOM Fonseca Cosacos that got smoked on the ride home.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Illusione c4, i think that's what it's called.
    RP Edge Missle Maduro
    Padron Londres
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Famous Bueno Madurito
    Perdomo La Reserva Maduro Serie P "R"

20. Default Last Night

Started with a Oliva V Torpedo and then a Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classic 1979 Black

Thread Information