Page 18 of 555 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118518 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's smokes......

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch
    George everyone all right? I hope you don't have much damage to the house.
    Some damage - roof is a bit messed up- but thankfully nothing serious!!! Power was out for about 2 days. I spent most of the day today clearing out all the downed trees and tree branches in the yard. The neightborhood looks like a war zone, but just about everything is getting back to normal. Fortunately, no one was hurt (kids were in the house when the storm blew over). My son was across the street at the Park District working as a camp counselor. He was outside and literally right underneath the storm cell when it hit. He calmly herded the kids to safety - I'm very proud of him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Some damage - roof is a bit messed up- but thankfully nothing serious!!! Power was out for about 2 days. I spent most of the day today clearing out all the downed trees and tree branches in the yard. The neightborhood looks like a war zone, but just about everything is getting back to normal. Fortunately, no one was hurt (kids were in the house when the storm blew over). My son was across the street at the Park District working as a camp counselor. He was outside and literally right underneath the storm cell when it hit. He calmly herded the kids to safety - I'm very proud of him!!!
    Glad to hear all is well George. And a big to your son for keeping his cool under pressure. I guess it's in the blood when your dad's an LEO.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Blog Entries

July 23rd:

NONE
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by grand cru no 2
    Glad to hear all is well George. And a big to your son for keeping his cool under pressure. I guess it's in the blood when your dad's an LEO.

Always cool when your offspring does the right thing.

Blog Entries

Romeo Y Julieta Numero Dos En Tubo

6. Cool

Last night was an unusually pleasant evening to be outside in H-Town: read relatively low humidity and the temperature in the high 80s/low 90s.

I settled down outside the Red Lion for a glass or two of Black Sheep Ale and a Flor Dominicana Ligera. I only got about a third of the way into it. Unpleasantly metallic flavour and rather more nicotine than I like even after a meal. That's the second one of those I haven't finished. I think I'm giving up on that brand.

This afternoon was an RyJ Petit Corona. Oddly, it tasted almost the same as the FDL.

Default This morning.....

was a Torano Exodus Gold Torp followed this afternoon by a Torano Exodus Silver Torp (should have been reversed) and tonight it was a CAO Italia.

Montecristo #2 and H Upmann Vintage Cameroon

Quote Originally Posted by Corona Gigante
    Last night was an unusually pleasant evening to be outside in H-Town: read relatively low humidity and the temperature in the high 80s/low 90s.

I settled down outside the Red Lion for a glass or two of Black Sheep Ale and a Flor Dominicana Ligera. I only got about a third of the way into it. Unpleasantly metallic flavour and rather more nicotine than I like even after a meal. That's the second one of those I haven't finished. I think I'm giving up on that brand.

This afternoon was an RyJ Petit Corona. Oddly, it tasted almost the same as the FDL.

Oh man, you go to the Red Lion to smoke? I hook up with some of my coworkers on Friday PM once in a while to have cigars, food and beer at the Red Lion bar. Next time we get together let me know and I'll send you an invite so we can hook up? Just lemme know ok?
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Was raining pretty hard in my part of H-town today so went to my smoke shop to enjoy a Avo Maduro torpedo. Still raining when I finished so I had an Avo LE '05.

I went for a short walk last night with a Partagas Black Label pronto. Nice little cigar, built like the big guys but good for a short smoke. Nothing to write home about though

Well, Last night I had my other Upmann Petit Corona. It was a nice smoke. When I get my humi soon I'll be ready to put a few sticks in for a year or more and see how great they are.

Blog Entries

I drove down to the St. Marks lighthouse and smoked a Rocky Patel 1992 Torpedo on the way down (its only ~ an 45 drive from Tallahassee). It was a nice smoke. I enjoyed my Torano 1959 Toro on the way back into town.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    Oh man, you go to the Red Lion to smoke? I hook up with some of my coworkers on Friday PM once in a while to have cigars, food and beer at the Red Lion bar. Next time we get together let me know and I'll send you an invite so we can hook up? Just lemme know ok?
    Yeah, outside the Red Lion is one of my favorite haunts. Also outside the Flying Saucer, or sometimes upstairs where there's a/c but the view is not as good; the Black Lab, although less often since they stopped carrying ESB on tap; occasionally Downing Street; the Gingerman of course. I like a glass of well-kept English beer or several with my cigar, could you tell?

Thanks for the invitation. Friday evening is not usually good for me--divorced dad custody thing--but if one opens up I'll be in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Corona Gigante
    Yeah, outside the Red Lion is one of my favorite haunts. Also outside the Flying Saucer, or sometimes upstairs where there's a/c but the view is not as good; the Black Lab, although less often since they stopped carrying ESB on tap; occasionally Downing Street; the Gingerman of course. I like a glass of well-kept English beer or several with my cigar, could you tell?

Thanks for the invitation. Friday evening is not usually good for me--divorced dad custody thing--but if one opens up I'll be in touch.
    i hear ya on the flying saucer. that's where i go before i hit the clubs and have a stogie.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    i hear ya on the flying saucer. that's where i go before i hit the clubs and have a stogie.

Drake, you interested in hooking up w/us at the Red Lion one Friday night?

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    Drake, you interested in hooking up w/us at the Red Lion one Friday night?
    definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    definitely

OK cool I'll let you know the next time we hook up.

Default monday

Cuba Aliados Cazador Maduro. Not a bad yardgar but there are better cigars out there.

AVO LE 05. first AVO i've had. very good cigar! has a very different taste. very leathery. never tasted that before.

Thread Information