Page 19 of 555 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119519 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's smokes......

i enjoyed a Trilogy Authentic Corojo robusto. very nice cigar. i tasted hints of coffee. the experiance was made even better because i was outside by a bonfire watching a lightning storm to the SE of my house. i would say that it was a great night.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Flor de Oliva Gold, Toro. Not bad. Since I'm a newbie, I'm cycling through contestants for the "everyday cigar" slot. This was the first of four I picked up at the local cigar shop. The others are:

The Brick by Torano (Robusto)
    National Brand (Corona I think)
    Savoy (Robusto)

Blog Entries

July 25th:
    Quintero Brevas
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

7/25 Montecristo Le Cigare des Arts what a POS

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    AVO LE 05. first AVO i've had. very good cigar! has a very different taste. very leathery. never tasted that before.

Oh man try the Avo signature line, it costs less and its really good, I liked it even better than the LE '05
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookie
    Flor de Oliva Gold, Toro. Not bad. Since I'm a newbie, I'm cycling through contestants for the "everyday cigar" slot. This was the first of four I picked up at the local cigar shop. The others are:

The Brick by Torano (Robusto)
    National Brand (Corona I think)
    Savoy (Robusto)
    I smoked the National Brand Corona this evening. I liked it better than the Oliva Gold.

RP Edge........

8. Default

Partagas Black Label Robusto

Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Corona Maduro

10. Default

AF Sg Beli with a cup of Electric Chair Expresso.

2 Gin & Tonics with my Partagas Black from Superman78 (very good smoke I though, and no black teeth ) and a 1808 (local shop cigar, owner gifted it to me for a try-out to let him know how I liked it).

How sweet it is, first non-humid day in chi-town all summer.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU
    2 Gin & Tonics with my Partagas Black from Superman78 (very good smoke I though, and no black teeth ) and a 1808 (local shop cigar, owner gifted it to me for a try-out to let him know how I liked it).

i'm with you on the humidity ,70 and cool today,torano tribute
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Kicked back at a golf outing with a Griffin's Limited XXI Edition... Great smoke!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU

Sean - sorry we didn't meet up... Had to do the golf outing thing... How'd you like the 1808. I was gifted one of those last week by a coworker. Looks nice - but might be kinda mild???

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese
    Kicked back at a golf outing with a Griffin's Limited XXI Edition... Great smoke!!!
    Got one of those Griffins in a trade last week...Smoking it soon.

Default 1808 full of punch

The 1808 is far from mild, had peppery robust flavor the whole way through, wish they had the cigar in a robusto size so I could finish in 1 hour. It was a decent smoke for 3 bucks, but I like my pepper to be in and out or a little smoother, off the cuff it's an 83 smoke, for the value, it'd be better if it had a few months in my humidor to take out some of its strength, and I enjoy strong cigars. But, again, definitely not mild
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Blog Entries

July 27th:
    SLR Serie A
    Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo des Dieux
    Aņejo 48
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

18. Default

La Finca Casadore: Mild to medium sandwich that lights and burns well and has a nutty flavor that I'm fond of. Of course the big bonus is that they're cheaper than dirt. My hands down favorite for the price. I keep a bunch of these on hand, I can enjoy them while doing something else and not feel guilty about not giving them their proper attention and respect.

Carlos Torano 1916 Camaroon Robusto: First one of these I've had. Very mild smoke of outstanding construction. Flavor is tough for me to describe, either my palate is so shot to hell that I can't sort it out (it's really mild) or it's just too suptle and complex for my limited experience with fine smokes (I think it's more the former than the latter). Odd as it seems, I did enjoy it and will have another to see if I can sort out why I liked it so much.

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

JDN Celebracion
    Camacho SLR Maduro
    Cubita SMS Robusto
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

H. Upmann Connaisseur No.1

Thread Information