Page 34 of 555 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134534 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's smokes......

For a few thousand dollars you can get a degree in anything. You know work flow, motivation, process bottlenecks, just in time delivery....etc.
    Remember to breathe

Had a monti peruvian, interesting smoke, kinda salty. I enjoyed it. this is a tequlia smoke, and right now a Persomo2 nat.

Default Tonight......

a CAO Black Label Storm

Wow...they call it "Storm"! Sounds like Chuck Norris's "Lone Wolf" cigars (no, I didn't forget Jim Belushi!).

Aside from the somewhat hokey name, not bad.

Again, a cigar I bought a few of a month ago and upon first smoking I thought they were crap. But after resting in the humi for a month they're a lot better. And again, I won't buy a box but will keep a few on hand.

I'm always amused by CAO's idea of "strong cigars". Every time they tout a heavy hitter they always turn out to be fairly mild. In this case it's great. The Black Labels are CAO's entry into the ligero lines. Good flavor without being overbearing. Ligero tamed.

4. Default

Some kind of unbanded dog rocket while riding the lawn mower.

5. Default

Last night...

CAO Brazilia Gol!

I think I cut it a little close to the cap (it looked like some of the cap glue was still on the end), giving it a very tight draw... I roughed it up a bit with the blade of my Swiss Army Knife and the smoke started pouring out....

After I got the smoke flowing, it was delicious. I actually let my dinner get cold becase I couldn't bear to stop smoking it. :)

Sept. 8
    H. Upmann 1844 Aniversary Series

Time to take the dog out, sit on the patio, read Tom Clancy and take the K. Hansotia Founders Choice Sherpa 2002 Limited Reserve Lot no 312 with its barber pole out for a little stretch as well. Struggling with punch cut or double guillotine cut. But I think the punch will win.
    Remember to breathe

Just looked at the post count that I had in this thread.

last night - La Aurora Pref. Cameroon Platinum. damn. IMO, this cigar sucked. disappointing. a lot of the cap had to be removed before I could draw without some kind of mechanical assistance, and the burn was uneven. Even though the cigar was nice and pliable, the ash was dusty and didn't hold together much past 1/2 inch. I'm partial to dark sticks and maybe my baseline is skewed, but I thought the flavor was very ho hum. I'm glad I got this in a deal on Cbid; even so it was still not worth the $.

I followed up only a little bit later with a Padron 2K maddie that was much better for 1/3 the price.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Cigar shop gave me a CAO Moontrance to try- anyone ever smoked baby powder? If you have then... well I image it would be something like that. It wasnt bad for a flavored though.

The Sherpa was very good.
    For Football practice its the Hoyo De Monterrey Excalibur Limited edition
    Remember to breathe

last night i had a kahlua by drew estate.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

last night, i had a edge light by RP. same strength and body, just a lighter wrapper. these are very good!

14. Default

Breakfast this morning was an Onyx Reserve mini belicoso. A good ole' standby...

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    last night, i had a edge light by RP. same strength and body, just a lighter wrapper. these are very good!
    Do you mean the corrojo,or is there another edge?
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

This week - the week from hell....

But - I did manage to work in a Vega Robaina Famosos (ahhhhhhhh....) on Weds and a H. Upmann Mag 50 EL (Mmmm - nice, but it needs a little more age...) last night...

Quote Originally Posted by superman78
    Do you mean the corrojo,or is there another edge?
    nope, there's a new one. i can't find anything about them on the internet, though. i had heard about them from one of my shop owners who had smoked one with mr. patel. but i saw them yesterday at another shop (cigar vault) and grabbed a few. the wrapper was very light in color. maybe a conn. shade.

1959 Exodus Gold Maduro my favorite. Starts the day not to strong, good draw and plenty of smoke. The texture is a little rough but no veins to the touch. Beautiful contrast between the vein lines and the dark wrapper. The flavor is smooth and silky. Toasty but not burnt. Nice even burn. Ashed 3 times before nub. Ash was white and greyed toward charcoal on the tip. Towards the end the veins were thicker and left a line in the ash.
    Highly reccommend if you have nothing to do for an hour on a saturday morning. It draws bumble bees and monarch butterflies as well.
    the wrapper is Habano and that is why the dark color not maduro. forgive me my newbieness is showing.
    Last edited by Baron Porthos; 09-11-2005 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Remember to breathe

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    nope, there's a new one. i can't find anything about them on the internet, though. i had heard about them from one of my shop owners who had smoked one with mr. patel. but i saw them yesterday at another shop (cigar vault) and grabbed a few. the wrapper was very light in color. maybe a conn. shade.
    Thanks,big fan of the maduro.I'll have to talk to my guy and see if he can get some in stock
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Pardon 2000 this morning. going to have another something soon.

Thread Information