Page 351 of 555 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,020 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Got a link? The only one I found was $20 for 2.

My Wish List has been modified to "whatever Paddy is smoking". Seriously, where do you find this stuff? It does provide good fodder for potential future box splits.
    My price quote my have been off. I bought two different boxes
    Toscano Antico
    Toscano Antica Tradizione
    I believe the total was $38.00 + change
    I purchsed them last week,sshhhhh ( while at work ) in the north end of Boston.
    I love dry cured cigars. These have a very heavy taste to them. Dark, hickory, molassas and will bring you to your knees if smoked to fast.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Tried my first El Cobre this morning and nubbed the shit out of it!!
    The Sarge hooked me up with one of them.....
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Got a link? The only one I found was $20 for 2.

My Wish List has been modified to "whatever Paddy is smoking". Seriously, where do you find this stuff? It does provide good fodder for potential future box splits.
    One of the FEW perks of driving for a living is the ability to visit may tobacco/cigar store. Everytime I see one I stop. One of the best parts of this hobby for me is finding that cigar that is truly HTF. When I go into a B&M I only look for those cigars I have never seen before. I must admit I had never heard of them before one of last years ECJ. I also do the same online. I have procured a few Brazilian and Honduran
    (Flor de selva) being my favorite with a little effort ( and huge S&H) from a German B&M.This is just the part of the hobby that I love.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

This weekend's smokes:
    Drive down - PL Montecarlo in the morning
    Easter cigar - RyJ Belicoso - freshly-rolled goodness, direct from the Partagas factory in Havana via my bro-in-law.
    Drive back - Placensia Reserva Organica EL 2001 - these cigars went through a few years when they smoked like crap, but now they are excellent and I'll be finishing the box off this summer!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyJG View Post
    I was at a cigar shop here in Las Vegas and ran into a couple nice guys smoking there and they suggested this cigar. (Gran Habano Corojo #5) so I thought i'd grab one to try. I sat down for a smoke on the back patio last night and lit it up.

Maybe it is just me, i'm not one to review much due to me being so new to cigars, but this wasn't a very good cigar to me. I tried to give it a chance though. My wife was with me and she commented that it didn't smell good to the others I've smoked.

It wasn't the cigar for me. Then I had a thought. Do you think the guys at the shop were pulling a joke on me? Give the new guy a turd to smoke.

Anyone have experience with this cigar? Is it bad or just me?
    Although I'm now 'smoked-out' of GH #5, I've smoked five boxes. The ones that I have had were a decent $3-$4 med-full smoke with very good construction (entubar, highly unusual at that price point). Of the ones that I've smoked, 10% were sub-par and 10% were very good - good consistency for the price. Like many inexpensive cigars, mine didn't seem to benefit from aging (up to 3 years).

It is a brand/cigar that I'd recommend to someone starting out as something to try in that price range. The use of some Columbian filler gives GH a unique taste not found in Padron's and Oliva's - which I would consider the sub-$5 benchmarks. The GH #5 is not a blend with a good "room note," that's for sure. If you want something that smells great at a good price, try Rocky Patel Vintage 1990/1992 2nds. (The seconds are a Cigars Int'l exclusive, I think).
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    One of the FEW perks of driving for a living is the ability to visit may tobacco/cigar store. Everytime I see one I stop. One of the best parts of this hobby for me is finding that cigar that is truly HTF. When I go into a B&M I only look for those cigars I have never seen before. I must admit I had never heard of them before one of last years ECJ. I also do the same online. I have procured a few Brazilian and Honduran
    (Flor de selva) being my favorite with a little effort ( and huge S&H) from a German B&M.This is just the part of the hobby that I love.
    I think you're my hero.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Just finished a Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo.... Very nice!!

Another Gurkha European down.......

8. Default

Settled in at the pipe shop today between classes. Had a Los Blancos corona. Mild but good flavor; I enjoyed it down to about 3/4 of an inch.
    A well defined problem is already half solved.

Blog Entries

Davidoff Double R
    Añejo 60
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Since Cigar Goofy Guy got banned today, he sent me an email listing the cigars he smoked today:

Fake Coheeba Epslendido
    Fake Montichrasto #2
    Fake Reamo e Joolieta Winston Churchill
    Fake Party Shorts (where's ChefChris when we need him?)
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Since Cigar Goofy Guy got banned today, he sent me an email listing the cigars he smoked today:

Fake Coheeba Epslendido
    Fake Montichrasto #2
    Fake Reamo e Joolieta Winston Churchill
    Fake Party Shorts (where's ChefChris when we need him?)
    Nice the man has good taste.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Last evening,
    5 Vegas Gold 6x60 whatever they call it.
    Snuffed it out half way. Just did not do anything for me.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Had a very pleasurable AVO Piramides earlier today. Finally snuffed it out as it was almost burning my finger.....

Had a Thompsons Paso Doble dog rocket

Blog Entries

Last night I had a Don Carlos beli to celebrate...something I think

Today is gonna be a 5 Vegas Classic

Montecristo Edicion Limitada No. 2
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Just finished, Oliva V series.....

Sat in the river with a six pack and a Punch Gran Puro and thoroughly enjoyed it...thanks Fred!

Partagas Black Label Pronto (4 3/16 x 36) with a fellow board member tonight on the first night of our retreat at the beach. Good ol' standby shorty.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Thread Information