Page 40 of 555 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140540 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's smokes......

Blog Entries

September 24th:
    The Edge by Rocky Patel Torpedo

I smoked quite a few cigars during my trip to and from Richmond last weekend (EIGHT hours one way ) AND a whole lot of cigars while I was there courtesy of altbier from ClubStogie.

I can't even begin to remember what I smoked my memory isn't what it used to be.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 09-25-2005 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Wrong date
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

gonna go get me a b-day smoke.

thinking a LGC

nope a small h.upman needed a short smoke too buggy outside
    Last edited by prophetic_joe; 09-25-2005 at 01:40 AM.

La Aurora Preferido Ruby Maduro

Padron 1926 #2 nat.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Yesterday : Monti white #2

and a fire petite corona
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 09-25-2005 at 09:11 AM. Reason: and a fire

5. Default

After brunch today I smoked a cigar that I purchased by accident. The band art is similar to a I cigar I often enjoy and I guess I was distracted as I grabbed it out of the shop's hummidor. Anyway this La Aroma de Cuba, a 6 x 48 I estimate, was a fine med. body cigar. Nothing remarkable except its constuction which was impecable. This smoke was a joy to hold in my hand.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

September 25th:
    Padron 1926 #9 maduro
    Jose Piedra Cazadores
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 09-26-2005 at 02:38 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Dinner:
    Buttermilk fried chicken, mashed potatoes, pan gravy, peas and home-made apple pie (apples picked today) with sharp Vermont cheddar cheese.
    After Dinner:
    The Griffin's #200 Lonsdale
    18 yo Highland Park Scotch

I ask you, can life get any better?
    "There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar. " -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

that dinner sounds wonderful. i haven't tried that cigar though. hope you enjoyed it
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Default Today....

Started the day with a Sherpa Diablo Presidente (?) - A big-ass cigar. I admit I was skeptical about another "economy" cigar, but these are actually quite good considering. Smooth, mild with great body although a little bitter near the end. But hey...for a few bucks a stick not bad. Not one I would buy by the box, but a 5-pack from CBid now and then ain't bad.

Then...this afternoon was an Indian Tabac Super Fuerte that I've had in the humidor for a few months. A great improvement from right out of the box.

Tonight....a Torano Exodus Silver '59 Gran Churchill.

I'm wired on Starbucks and I'm off tomorrow (knock on wood), so there may be another in the line-up. Fuente Cuban Belicoso SG???? Hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by mithril
    that dinner sounds wonderful. i haven't tried that cigar though. hope you enjoyed it
    It was quite good. However, the cigar was actually the weak point of the evening.
    I could have had one of my Davidoff's or a Graycliff,, but I don't feel I've done enough good in this life to deserve that amount of pleasure all in one evening.

In fact I'm currently trying to fend off my wife's advances by telling her "I am not worthy!"
    "There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar. " -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Blog Entries

24 Sep
    A Fuente Hemingway
    Black Peral

25 Sep
    No Smoke today

ERdM rob. oscuro - a fav
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeman
    Dinner:
    Buttermilk fried chicken, mashed potatoes, pan gravy, peas and home-made apple pie (apples picked today) with sharp Vermont cheddar cheese.
    After Dinner:
    The Griffin's #200 Lonsdale
    18 yo Highland Park Scotch

I ask you, can life get any better?
    Possibly, how 'bout substituting some Glenfiddich Gran Reserva (22yo) for the Highland Park?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Yesterday a San Cristobal DLH Principe while walking around a lake with the family.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    Possibly, how 'bout substituting some Glenfiddich Gran Reserva (22yo) for the Highland Park?
    I use that to start fires in my woodstove.

Actually, it sounds quite good. I have a bottle of The Macallan Gran Reserva that I'm waiting for the right occasion to open.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazeman
    It was quite good. However, the cigar was actually the weak point of the evening.
    I could have had one of my Davidoff's or a Graycliff,, but I don't feel I've done enough good in this life to deserve that amount of pleasure all in one evening.

In fact I'm currently trying to fend off my wife's advances by telling her "I am not worthy!"

LOL
    Stay Strong in your convictions Mazeman.

Try Oban 14yr old
    Last edited by Baron Porthos; 09-27-2005 at 09:18 AM.
    Remember to breathe

I forgot to mention I finally had an OPUS X from the TAA yesterday. Wonderful smoke. This morning I had the Carlos Torano Dominican Selection Carlos VII nice way to start my day.
    Remember to breathe

18. Default Opus X Perfexion

We've not been enjoying great cigar smoking weather the last few days. I did manage to sneak in my first ever A/F Opus X (I think it was a XXX) Sunday morning, between the end of the storm and the return of the record-breaking heat. All I can say is, I'm beginning to understand what all the fuss is about. Excellent construction, easy draw, interesting, complex flavor, heavy on the fruit and manure. I scorched my fingertips on it.

Thanks again to whoever it was who gifted me this cigar which I would probably never have tried otherwise.
    Supreme Leader Voltron
    bending over and reaching for the Crisco

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corona Gigante
    We've not been enjoying great cigar smoking weather the last few days. I did manage to sneak in my first ever A/F Opus X (I think it was a XXX) Sunday morning, between the end of the storm and the return of the record-breaking heat. All I can say is, I'm beginning to understand what all the fuss is about. Excellent construction, easy draw, interesting, complex flavor, heavy on the fruit and manure. I scorched my fingertips on it.

Thanks again to whoever it was who gifted me this cigar which I would probably never have tried otherwise.
    LMFAO!! I'd bet that if you would have remembered that it was me wo gifted you that cigar, you never would have posted this.........

You're welcome (I guess).

However, you taught me a valuable lesson.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    LMFAO!! I'd bet that if you would have remembered that it was me wo gifted you that cigar, you never would have posted this.........

You're welcome (I guess).

However, you taught me a valuable lesson.
    it may have had something to do with the fact that he was sent so many 'i'm sorry' sticks from so many people that he lost track.

this weekend, i had a Partagas Petit Corona Especiales and a Romeo y Julieta Petit Corona

Thread Information