Page 8 of 555 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's smokes......

Ashton Corona

Default A three cigar day

This morning started out with a Fuente Double Chateau Sun Grown - This afternoon I lit up a Drew LVH Toro (?). I was expecting similar characteristics of the LVH Churchill but discovered that the Toro is fairly mild. I guess my taste buds had already been pegged by the Fuente, so, I snuffed the LVH (hey, its only $2!) and lit up a Torano Exodus 1959 Box Press Torpedo. Much better.

Tonight I will probably go for either a Torano 1959 Silver Torpedo or a Fuente Cuban Belicoso. Sungrown of course!

I have to add a word again about the Drew LVH's. Over the past week I have smoked this line's Churchill which I found to be quite an enjoyable powerhouse cigar only to be further surprised by the LVH Belicoso D which is smooth and mild and then the LVH Toro which is mild as well. All enjoyable. Once and a while you discover an inexpensive cigar that tatses great. Another tip of my hat to Drew!

P.S. GGIESE! Belated greetings for your birthday!
    Last edited by MMAB; 06-19-2005 at 06:59 PM.

Tonight it was a Gran Habanos LV, which is supposed to be a limited edition offering. I was not very impressed. The burn was incredibly horrible, and the taste was not there. I put it out about 1/2 way...

Then I fired up a Torano 2003 Tribute pyramid. What a NICE smoke!!!

I smoked a Padron 3000, then a Montecristo #2.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

5. Default

Smoked a 98 Partagas Churchill in the patrol car last night. A little age does wonders for a Cuban cigar.

Father's Day.... I smoked an AVO LE'05 , thanks George. What a great tasting smoke.

Yesterday afternoon I had a Dominico maduro torpedo while watching the grill and listening to the NASCAR race. The Dominico maduros are a pretty good $2 smoke especially after a little aging in the humidor. After a nice BBQ chicken/roast pork dinner I finished off the evening with a CAO Italia. The Italia is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

This weekend I had Quintero Brevas 03/04. YUM!! Smaller than I'm use to but very Tangy.

Then on Saturday I had a COHIBA - DOMINICAN. I got it from the local tobaco store. I think it's a low end one of the Cohiba line. Only $3. It was ok. Had better.
    Last edited by Diesel Grinch; 06-20-2005 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Spelling and English.

yesterday was a Sanch Panza Quixote, La Gloria Cubana Glorias Maduro, and a Torano Exodus.

Saturday, AFuente Dbl Chateau Maduro.
    Sunday, Had a Sancho Panza Dbl Maddy Quixote
    Today, was a Helix Maduro X550 in the Truck at work.
    The only thing missing from my life is money and more Cigars.

Default Today...

started with a Drew LVH Belicoso D. This afternoon a La Flor Dominicana Ligero 500 and tonight was a two fer'. A Torano Exodus 1959 SIlver torp followed by a piece of CAO Odyssey.

A few years back I wanted something special for my buddy's birthday so I picked up a couple of CAO Odysseys. Was I ever dissapointed. The burn was horrible and the flavor was mediocre.

A couple of years ago I bought a box of CAO Gold Torpedos ( a great cigar ) from JR's. Along with a box purchase of CAO at the time got you a free Odyssey. When the package arrived I looked at the Odyssey and thought "What the hell am I gonna do with this thing?", so I put it in the humidor and it's been sitting there for a couple of years. So tonight I figured what the hell. Maybe a couple of years has changed it for the better. Well......I lit it up and I had flashbacks. Horrid burn. Rancid, putrid, foul, evil, skanky taste. CAO should have taken them all in their little black coffins and buried them. Now I can see why JR's was giving them away!

A pretty band though.

I'm smoking a Mocha supreme right now, threw me completely off, i figured it'd have a light mocha taste to it, not one bit, i'll give a review later perhaps, seems spicy so far

after my brother-in-law's wedding this past Saturday, i had the Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 that i got for my birthday. very nice smoke . wasn't too strong but it had some good flavor to it. and my wife didn't mind the smell of it (yay! i can smoke it around her!). i'll be purchasing this one again. i gave my other brother-in-law the exaliber 1066 i had. his wife only allows him about 1 every 2 months. i kind of feel sorry for him.

Blog Entries

Sunday 6/19:
    Añejo 77 "Shark"
    Monday 6/20:
    Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 GOLD Toro

A couple of years ago I bought a box of CAO Gold Torpedos ( a great cigar ) from JR's. Along with a box purchase of CAO at the time got you a free Odyssey. When the package arrived I looked at the Odyssey and thought "What the hell am I gonna do with this thing?", so I put it in the humidor and it's been sitting there for a couple of years. So tonight I figured what the hell. Maybe a couple of years has changed it for the better. Well......I lit it up and I had flashbacks. Horrid burn. Rancid, putrid, foul, evil, skanky taste. CAO should have taken them all in their little black coffins and buried them. Now I can see why JR's was giving them away!
    Oh MMAB, that's too funny!!!!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-20-2005 at 11:45 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

june 21, had a sherpa mystic, think i better let them stay in the humi a bit, had some burn problems.

I have not tried the Sherpa Mystic but I understand they are made in the Torano factory. Those are one of K. Hansotia's jewels! A beautiful looking cigar! I prefer my cigars to be a bit bigger, though. Nice choice!

i haven't smoked one since monday which was a DCM churchill that i smoked on the beach after calling in sick.

Last Night a Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 Cigar Maduro

padron 6000 maduro
    Last edited by Drake; 06-23-2005 at 10:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Wednesday 6/22:
    Diamond Crown Maximus #5 Toro
    Thursday 6/23:
    Diamond Crown Maximus #5 Toro
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information