Page 93 of 555 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

Short Story and I may end the day with a Partaga S.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Quote Originally Posted by JCHouston
    On advice of another board member I just tried a Davidoff. This was in lieu of a Partigas 150 for which I would have had to purchase an entire box at $1000. Saved a boatload of money. The one I smoked was a Davidoff No. 2 (approx. 18 RG – 6”). Cost was $15.29. Tasty and very smooth right down to the end. I was tempted to put a clip on it and smoke it down to nothing but I was sitting out on my driveway under a portico and didn’t want to give the neighbors the wrong impression.
    The weather here is horrible right now. Heavy rain and flooding. Perfect weather for kicking back and enjoying a good smoke. My job was rained out today so I just sat back, watched it rain, and burned a quality stick.
    While I was at the smoke shop the proprietor recommended two less expensive cigars; a “Private Stock” and a “Zino” both around $3 each. He said these were also made by Davidoff.
    To the board member that recommended the Davidoff-you just saved me $1000 so I feel obligated to split these savings with you. If you could just send me your name, address, phone #, name of bank, account#, SS# and mothers maiden name, I will gladly send these savings to you. LOL.
    Seriously, thanks for the recommendation. If this bad weather keeps up I’ll be able to let you know how the other two smoke.

JC
    I was going to suggest the Private Stock - there's also the Special Blend (SB) as well. But - you said you were looking for a "special" smoke - and those Davidoff's are as special as they get in my book - and fairly easy to get a hold of. I figured if you were going to blow change on the Partagas 150, you'd really want to try the Davidoff's first. Glad you like 'em.

Now - talking about nice smokes in the not "oh my God!" price range - try the Fuente Don Carlos line. They're definitely not as cheap as the SB's or PS's - but they're a fantastic cigar. Also, try the Avo line - again a bit cheaper than the Don Carlos line, but a well made cigar (the same factory that produces the Davidoff line) and they smoke great!

For everyday kinda nice, smooth creamy smokes - look at the Peterson's, the Griffin's and the Gispert's. All are very nice cigars that are not going to kill the bank account (somewhere in the mid-priced range) and are not overpowering.

On the low end - check out the Bacarrat's. For a cheap smoke (about $3-4 each) they are very nice, mild and creamy. One of the best cheap smokes I've had in the mild-medium range.

I'm not real big on the low end Zino line. The Zino Platinum series are nice, but again a bit pricey. I think if you're going to go for that line, go with the Davidoff's.

For a more medium-full bodied smoke with great flavor and smoothness, check out the Cuesta Rey Sungrown's. By far my favorite sungrown that's readily available.

Saturday night I had a Anejo #49

Yesterday I had a Bolivar Corona Extra ISOM (very nice...)

Quote Originally Posted by cls515
    I was thinking, is this guy crazy?
    A. Fuente Curly Head for me. Rainy Days.
    cls515 - That part of the post about the money/bank info thing was written with tongue planted firmly in cheek.
    In regard to the Curly Head, this is my favorite low priced smoke. $2 and change at the local smoke shop. But check this out. I was in Vegas back in Feb. and saw them in the gift shop at the GN downtown. Started to pick a couple up - $8 a stick. I told the clerk there aughta be a law against thst type of pricing. I think she would have agreed with me had she actually been able to understand english.

$8 is crazy

Blog Entries

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka
    La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel

same here!!!
    "If it Bleeds We can Kill it"

Trying a Series X by Oliva, good so far

Last Night: Fonseca Serie F (frankly...I wasn't impressed )
    Night Before Last: Puros Indios Reserva Maxima (might have found a new everyday smoke)

Yesterday had a Private Stock and a Zino. Wasn't impressed with the PS but did like the Zino. Today I had an Ashton. Tasty. This evening its gonna be either a Kiki Harvest of 1999 or a Leon Jimenes. Has to be a good followup on a plate of Tex-Mex and a cold Bohemia.

JC

10. Default

Local B&M smoke from Top Shelf Cigars with a barber pole wrap while cutting the lawn. Supposedly made by Pepin. Good smoke.

Now an Opus Fuente Fuente. Better smoke.

At this very moment I'm sitting in a big stuffed chair that I dragged outside my back door, playing on my laptop, smoking a La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurados...I just got a text to leave for an install. DAMNIT! Oh well, Smoke and drive.

EDIT: HA! Install canceled before I got 10 minutes away. Dragged my chair back outside and Life is good again! This cigar is quickly approaching a nub, and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. For how strong it tasted it was nice and smooth. Even now, the smoke being hot enough to cause a light stinging, it's not bitter or yucky. I'm glad I bought 2.
    Last edited by thepyrofish; 06-23-2006 at 08:34 PM.

Enjoyed a Padilla Miami 8 & 11 after dinner while watching my son play in the backyard.

Default La Rosa Especial . . .

A Havana Royale. . .Great smoke, lotd of smoke, nice and spicy. The wife said it smelled spicy too. Overall a very good smoke!

La Aroma de Cuba.

Lousy draw overall even after opening up the entire foot, and a not so interesting first inch or so; however, about 2/3 of the way through the stick I noticed the flavors starting to come out. I very much enjoyed the latter half of the cigar as the spice and sweentess (maybe cocoa, but kind of bitter) melted together into somethiing quite enjoyable. I had this stick with a lager, which, as dumb luck would have it, was an excellent compliment.

Bottom line, not a great cigar if you have weak lungs or like a lot of smoke, but a good tuck you in smoke.

Had a nice indian tabac maduro super fuerte out on the porch this afternoon...still sitting out finishing it off as i type :)

Cohiba Siglo IV was a perfect ending to bday celebration last night

Blog Entries

Camacho Liberty 2006

Ashton Heritage Puro Sol Belicoso :)

very tasty, one of the nicer smokes i've had recently!

Got my big stuffy chair back outside, sitting on the tiny back porch of my apartment listening to the rain, wandering the forum, smoking a Padron 1964 Maduro. I'm really bad with remembering vitolas, but it was 6-6.5 inches long and the ring, at my estimate, is low 40's, so probably 42.

Mmmm, tasty.

Damn, it went out while I was typing. Stupid humidity

Yesterday I had a A. Fuente Rothschild and today I had a 5 Vegas Series 'A' Apostle.... it was a good weekend!
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

Thread Information