Page 371 of 555 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381421471 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,420 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

Thursday:
    Rocky Patel Decade (Torpedo)

Yesterday:
    Cuban Stock Royal Selection (Toro)
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

My Father Le Bijou 1922 Corona Gorda - 300 box (23 cigars/box) release for Puff'n'Stuff.

Supposed to be a stronger/better blend than the regular le Bijou 1922 (I wouldn't know). Complex and med/full becoming very full in the last third. One of the better Nicarguan cigars that I've smoked. I think it is worth the price Puff'n'stuff is charging ($190/box of 23), and I suspect they'll improve with time.

My second Short Story. Liked it quite a bit more than the first (pretty sure that was my fault - no drink, not relaxing, and may have lit it badly). Paired with Hennessey and a good book out on my back patio. I think this is the first time I was actually able to taste a cigar - excited to take that step.
    imnotpete.com (tech/general blog)
    ink.imnotpete.com (creative blog)

La Herencia Cubana that I got from K7 some time ago. I really enjoyed this smoke!

Last night: Padron 2000

Last edited by Trilobyte; 12-24-2011 at 09:37 PM.

7. Default

RP Decade 10th Anniversary.

Ive hit that cross-roads of buying quality over quantity.
    One by one I'm smoking off the last of the remaining shit sticks in my humidors and focusing
    on top notch sticks from now on.
    Last night - Oliveros El Padrino - At one point I rather liked these, not so much anymore
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

I've smoked a couple Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Storys recently after hearing so much good stuff about AF. Unfortunately, these don't do much for me flavor-wise. I'll be checking out some other AF lines with different wrappers.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Carlos torano casa torano toro
    Its name is quite a mouth full, but so is the smoke. I really enjoyed it.

Last edited by Trilobyte; 12-24-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Room 101 Robusto -meh
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

This weekend:
    Arganese Nicarguan Toro: not bad, not good, but, on closeout, a good price for a decent cigar. Medium and well-balanced, this one from QSH seemed to have some age on it. I'd get a couple bundles, but I have too many cigars!
    Alec Bradley American Classic: As the name might suggest, seemed to be a Macanudo clone.
    Old Henry Robusto: I was pleasantly surprised by this Holt's house blend made by DPG. This one was rich and full-bodied, but could, for my tastes, have benefitted from more downtime to knock off the rough edges. Thanks Mark! :-)
    Trinidad Coloniales: These were great at a year, but, at 18 months, seem to have gone into the seemingly-inevitable Cuban post-one-year 'vacuum' period. Into the aging cooler for another 18 months ...

Por Larranga Montecarlo: coming up on two years old, my favourite mild lazy Sunday morning coffee cigar.
    Por Larranaga Petit Corona: Out of the aging cooler at three years ... very nice. This particular example was a finger-burner: complex and had power in the second half. PLPC's have a ligero leaf that the Montecarlo lacks, but this one was uncharacteristically strong, like a young RASS. I'm not usually a full-power cigar smoker, so I'll have another before deciding what to do with the rest of the cab.
    Partagas Short: At five years, not the firecracker it was at three years, but still one of the best cigars for me. Another finger-burner, and now in rotation.

601 green and blue.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

On a bit of a smoke-a-thon the past few days ...
    Monte #4 - this box from June 06 has been maddingly inconsistent. Half the time they're good but nothing special, and half the time they're awesome. Tonight's was awesome. Holy sh*t it was good.
    Room 101 11/18 - something unusual about this particular stick. It is like there is one nice taste - kinda cherry-ish - but the rest of the cigar has very little taste, so the nice taste is thin and diluted, and one keeps hoping the cigar will develop and fill out. It keeps hinting, but ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Room 101 Robusto -meh
    Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    snip
    Room 101 11/18 - something unusual about this particular stick. It is like there is one nice taste - kinda cherry-ish - but the rest of the cigar has very little taste, so the nice taste is thin and diluted, and one keeps hoping the cigar will develop and fill out. It keeps hinting, but ...
    I had one....from last year's herf. That was enough for me.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

This week ive had....
    - Perdomo Champagne Noir
    - Carlos Torano Casa Torano
    - AJ Fernandez Signature select
    - Gurkha Blue Steel

The northest beachyist city in good ol' OC...Cali

Smoke two stoogies Saturday night at a dance club

Had a Padron Corona while at a table and a Romeo Julieta Churchill on the drive home

And my first post!

Blog Entries

Well, "Room 101 is more than a brand, it's a lifestyle."

... where, given the name, your worst fears come true (or is it, came true - post-1984).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Well, "Room 101 is more than a brand, it's a lifestyle."

... where, given the name, your worst fears come true (or is it, came true - post-1984).
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree I sold you and you sold me" (and Camacho subsequently sold mediocre cigars under a different name while using hype.)

I didn't have a smoke yet today, but on Sunday I had a Padron Maduro ~ 3000 & an Indian Tabac ~ Teepee (pitched that halfway through. Not 'cause it was terrible, but we were going to dinner & it wasn't good enough to worry about)

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information