Page 210 of 555 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    I don't read CA. Care to elaborate?
    CA top 25 cigars of 2008

2. Default tonights smoke

I have alot of great smokes to choose from, but decided to rotate my stock. I pulled out a don tomas maduro. Not bad, but nothing in comparison to the rest of the stock.

Blog Entries

Gran Habano #5 Habano - Toro

Cupido Campana - these are getting really good
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

El Rey Del Mundo that was gifted to me by a fellow BOTL (Thanks for the smoke )

Ashton VSG Torpedo - still my most favorite cigar ever

5. Default

DON KIKI BROWN LABEL FIGURADO
    Took me a little bit to get used to the cigar, but I really like this size and shape of cigar. Perfect for work!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T-Roy View Post
    DON KIKI BROWN LABEL FIGURADO
    Took me a little bit to get used to the cigar, but I really like this size and shape of cigar. Perfect for work!
    My favorite Don Kiki!

Had a Troya Classico LIV earlier..

Coronado by La Flor Toro now

both outstanding cigars

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

7. Default tonights smoke

I have had som don kiki smokes in the past too, that I liked. tried a troya the other day and it wasnt too bad either. on the other hand tonights smoke was a piece of garbage. A te-amo domenican. I almost find it a sin to throw away a cigar. even a dog rocket. but, i could not finish this one.

R.P. Junior on the way in to work. Hit the spot. Thanks logan37!

Smoked a Rocky Patel 2008 Summer Release, awesome stick... lots of smoke and flavor to go along with it

Also smoked a La Aroma De Cuba from Santa... great smoke as well

Quote Originally Posted by Silencei2 View Post
    Smoked a Rocky Patel 2008 Summer Release, awesome stick... lots of smoke and flavor to go along with it

Also smoked a La Aroma De Cuba from Santa... great smoke as well
    Curious about the RP '08 Summer release. A B&M I went to a while back was carrying the Summer AND the Autumn '08 release, but never really heard of them. Was curious and called some BOTLs regarding it, but no one else knew about them.

$110 for a box of 20 Lanceros (but it was really lonsdale size) wasn't too bad of a price....but RP has been missing his mark lately.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyCold5 View Post
    Curious about the RP '08 Summer release. A B&M I went to a while back was carrying the Summer AND the Autumn '08 release, but never really heard of them. Was curious and called some BOTLs regarding it, but no one else knew about them.

$110 for a box of 20 Lanceros (but it was really lonsdale size) wasn't too bad of a price....but RP has been missing his mark lately.

Andrew
    Bought these under recommendation from one of the workers at the local B&M. I had the Lancero on the spot and I wasn't really impressed but I was smoking other sticks before this.

Had the one last night (pretty sure it was the Toro but it might've been the Toro Grande) with a clean pallet and I was pretty impressed with the flavor. It started off pretty bland but the flavor picked up after the first 1/3. Smooth cigar with great flavor and plenty of smoke.

I was told that the particular B&M has a good connection with their RP rep so they were able to get their hands on them.

I can pick some up for you if you're interested but they run ~$10/stick.

Today I smoked a Fonseca Vintage Robusto. Not too impressed with the flavor at all... construction and burn were flawless but that's pretty useless without any flavor. These are supposed to be pretty mild smokes but I'd rather have a Gispert than this one.

Also smoked a Casa Magna Belicoso. Great balance of flavors and decent amount of smoke. Hit a soft spot at the end and couldn't nub the d*** thing. Felt like I was smoking a straw...

Then picked up a CAO Brazilia Samba (Torpedo). Was tempted to get the Anaconda but I didn't want to stay there for that much longer. My pallet was probably contaminated from the two Fonsecas and some pipe tobacco but the flavor wasn't the same from the last time I tried one. Great cigar though, flavor picked up after the first 1/3.

Del Rio, TX. Middle of nowhere. From Phoenix, AZ.

I commited a bit of sacrilege last night and smoked a Drew Estates Java Maduro.

I love black coffee and anything with espresso in it (as a result of a trip to Costa Rica and Peru this summer).

I was kinda dissapointed by the lack of the promised flavor for the first 1/3+. Somewhere near the halfway point it really started to show up. It was pretty cool, and tasted great, but I can see why flavored cigars aren't popular among cigar smokers. Once the excitement was over, I was kinda bored with it. The construction seemed great though, burned great, drew well and produced lots of smoke.

I might try it again sometime, but it will definitely be on a whim and not something i plan on stocking.

13. Default tonights smoke

tonights smoke was another new one, i received in a play it foward. It was a CAO Vision and I thought it was very good. I have read 50/50 reviews on this one. But I liked it.

Had a AF Hemingway Signature and a La Gloria Cubana Hermoso Maduro at the B&M after work.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Smoked a Casa Magna Toro... burn was pretty crappy, flavor was decent. I'm going to have to let these sit and see if they get any better.

Blog Entries

Indian Tabac maduro
    Size: Boxer (robusto)

This is a go-to smoke for me. Well constructed, consistently good draw. Nice medium bodied flavor.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Cuesta Rey Stanford's Cameroon #9 with the morning coffee

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Cuesta Rey Stanford's Cameroon #9 with the morning coffee
    mmmm, nummers.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Last night I smoked a Bolivar Belicoso ISOM from a very cool BOTL. Thanks, you know who you are.

Managed to get a Gurkha Ancient Warrior Emperor in while running errands. There were a lot
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Thread Information