Page 206 of 555 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

The owner was probably alluding to the fact that Torano makes a lot of the Gurkha cigars.
    See, I couldn't find anything like that online. Glad he knows what he's talking about.
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

Just by chance, I did find some 1964 Natural's here in this podunk down, at the cost of $17/ea. They will be for tonight, either before or after the bbq.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    For not having smoked many cigars, you sure picked a good one!! Try the 1964 series also, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    The owner was probably alluding to the fact that Torano makes a lot of the Gurkha cigars.
    Yep, that's true. I was referring to the cigars that represent the two different lines.

CAO MX2
    Victor Sinclair Triple Corojo
    Ghurka Titan

Tried an Aroma de Cubana last night while grilling, courtesy of Santa himself. The flavor was only okay, but that little cigar produced more smoke than any other cigar I've ever smoked, regardless of size.

Tried one of the CAO America Landmarks I got in Vegas last month. I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Not a fan of the barber pole looking wrapper, but it was a very good smoke. I had only one time I had to touchup the burn and I have no reservations in recommending these to people that like med to full flavor... my GF tried it and also liked it..

Just got back from watchin some football and having a A.Turrent 6 Generations... OK, but not a favorite... not sure I would buy at the $12 I see them online for... Maybe half that...
    Last edited by wm2slc; 12-21-2008 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Had another cigar today
    "Friends may come and friends may go, and friends may peter out you know... but we'll be friends through thick and thin.. peter out or peter in."

Opus X Double Corona.

It was raining and making the snow on the ground all nasty, so I decided to spend the afternoon in the cigar lounge and watch football.

La Flor Dominicana Limitada III........ One of my picks for cigar of the year!

Just finished - Perdomo 10th Anni. Criollo robusto
    Now - CAO Criollo Pato

Blog Entries

Smoked a Tierra del sol I picked up in a fiver off cbid the other day. it started off rather bitter, but soon got its act together a bit. I will definitely be letting the others age for a several more months before going back.

Once the temperature raises above 9 degrees f again, I've got a CAO America and a glass of Woodford Reserve waiting for me.

Puros Indios ''Special-Aged'' Pyramid.
    sammis

Smoked a AF Sun Grown - Chateau Fuente (Thanks to a fellow BOTL)
    Smoking a AF Anejo Reserva No 48 i think (Thanks to another fellow BOTL)
    Will smoke a Perdomo 2(Squared) Maduro

All while watching Band of Brothers

Blog Entries

RASCC

Then I had a Costa Rican cigar. I forget the name of it but it was brown. Maybe Dick can tell us what it was seein' as how he's an aficionado 'an all.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

For Christmas eve: Tatuaje Havana VI Artistas - Very nice, strong smoke, not bitter but a nice tobacco taste.

Merry Christmas to All!
    Last edited by sammis; 12-24-2008 at 10:43 PM.
    sammis

Alec Bradley Tempus. Really liked this one. I'm not good at detecting the flavors, but I felt it was nice and smooth. Was sitting out on my balcony, being 50f outside in shorts listening to Elvlis Christmas songs. I just with I got more so I could have another tommorow. But this really was a good smoke and i'm glad I got one..

Merry Christmas all.

Macanudo Maduro Diplomat (Figurado) Interesting smoke, was a pretty tasty smoke (Thanks Santa)
    San Cristobal Clasico - Great smoke! (Thanks to a fellow BOTL)

Smoked a Casa Fuente super belicoso and I gotta say, I was pretty dissapointed. Taking the cigar out of the celo, I noticed that there was a small piece (3mm in diameter) of the wrapper missing near the foot. I noticed a smaller piece (1mm in diameter) of tobacco hanging out in the celo but it definitely wouldn't have fit the whole piece missing out of the wrapper.

Lit the cigar and noticed some medium flavors and a decent amount of smoke. I read some reviews before lighting this one up and they say they're more mild than the regular AF line. I took it out of my "aging" humidor which is at a constant 70rh which was a mistake on my part, I should have let it simmer in one of my daily smoke humis (65rh) for a couple of weeks. Smoked it down and loved the flavor but it wasn't what I expected from a $25 stick. This was my first one so I'll probably smoke another before I purchase some more.

On another note, I took another one of the Casa Fuentes and put it in my normal humi and noticed there was a noticeable water spot on it. We'll see how that one smokes in a few days for New Years.
    Last edited by Silencei2; 12-26-2008 at 01:27 AM.

Smoked a LGC No. 4 and smoking a No. 7 I think =) Thanks to the gracious BOTL who put these in my humi

Blog Entries

took advantage of the unseasonably warm 63* night last night and smoked a CAO Brazillia Gol while grilling some steak. this cigar never disappoints.

Oliva MB3, dbl robusto. Very good cigar.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Thread Information