Page 242 of 555 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

Quote Originally Posted by knightnorth View Post
    Think before you leap soldier. You have to be in the Army to be a Ranger or Delta - the ACTUAL greatest fighting force in the world. Normandy and D-Day, 101st Airborne in France, General Patton in Italy, Air Cav in Vietnam, the special forces in Serbia (The special forces in Somalia an Iraq for the matter.) What do all these have in common? Well none are Marines but that's not the point. The sea-men claim to always be the first in. These are all examples of Army soldiers being the first into a conflict.

Don't believe all the Marine "we're so great" stuff. I've heard some stories about all those Navy guys on a ship for months at a time.

But this is obviously not a competition between military branches. Right now I'm enjoying a Partagas Naturales whiles enjoying the "Battle of the Beltways" on a calm warm spring evening.
    Yeah, don't believe all that "Marines being great stuff" You obviously don't know Marine Corps history. You're either a little army boy that resents the Marines, or you've heard "stories" from "sailors" that "prove" you know what you're talking about. Either way, why don't you just stick to telling us what you've smoked today. That is the purpose of this particular forum.

Blog Entries

Afternoon ~ Pinar Del Rio (yummy)
    Evening ~ RP Connecticut

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Camacho 1962,Gurkha legend

PL Panetelas with my morning coffee.

Gran Habano #5 Lunch Break before work. (not quite as strong as the first time!)

last nite Fuente Fuente Opus X,Olivia serie V

Last night I had a RP Vintage 1990 Toro.
    All my ex's live in Texas.

Blog Entries

CI Legends Orange label
    Montecristo Edmundo
    AF Don Carlos #2
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

CAO MX2... damn that was tasty and seemed to go on forever.
    I have made it a rule never to smoke more that one cigar at a time.
    Mark Twain

Graycliff Chateau Grand Cru

very nice way to end my vacation.
    sammis

Quote Originally Posted by MrTamborineMan View Post
    I am certainly open to that, ya see (ok, kind of a segway/story thing here), my grandpa always wanted to keep the line of generations in the military going - his grandpa was, his dad was, him and a couple of his brothers were, one of his sons was and as of yet (and I'm looking like the last one that'll probably go) none of his grandsons have enlisted. I've always thought about enlisting, just never really, really thought it through until now that he's passed away and I feel this is the best way to honor him, as he was the greatest man I've ever met. Also it's likely they'll put his house up for sale, and I just won't let that house leave the family - and I won't be able to put myself through college and buy a house at the same time. So I figured I'd enlist, serve my country, serve my family, buy that house and put myself through college all in one full swoop. And I'd like to think I'd be a good soldier.
    MTM, You mean "segue". "Segway" is the brand name of the personal transport device used in malls and some LE. That's why the spell check function underlined "segway" and indicated it as a misspelled word.

Also, the term in the second highlight is "one fell swoop". Look it up; it's interesting and deserves a more thorough explanation than I'm willing to write.

Good for you for wanting to do right by your family and your country. It would be cool if you keep future comments regarding your decision on which branch of the military to join confined to another thread, or better, given the feathers already ruffled, confined to PMs.

Thanks and best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyman1200 View Post
    Yeah, don't believe all that "Marines being great stuff" You obviously don't know Marine Corps history. You're either a little army boy that resents the Marines, or you've heard "stories" from "sailors" that "prove" you know what you're talking about. Either way, why don't you just stick to telling us what you've smoked today. That is the purpose of this particular forum.
    Artyman, I'm only using your post as an example - not picking on anybody in particular. It would be very cool if you military guys (and ex-military) would knock off the dick measuring contest. Especially since, as Artyman came close to stating in his post (bullshit editorializing notwithstanding), this is a thread about what we've smoked today.

jeez what a bunch of fucking knuckleheads.

Thanks everybody.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

11. Default

Partagas Series D No 4
    The verdict:

Last night I enjoyed a Gran Habano #5 Connecticut. Great smoke for the price! Not sure what I will puff on in honor of "No Smoke Day", but I will enjoy a nice gar. Hey, why don't we have a "Shut Up Day" for all those who want to regulate my life?
    Dan

Carlos Torano Casa Torano from my newb sampler - quite good.
    "Celebrate Yourself!"

I just got back from staying at a house along the Wicomico River in Southern MD and smoked the following:

H. Upmann Corona
    Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur 1066 Dark Knight I
    Siglo Limited Reserve X Torpedo
    La Gloria Cubana Corona
    La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial No. 3
    Cohiba Black Corona

Default The days rewards......

I dont smoke everyday. I like to smoke 2-3 times a week. I feel that I get more satisfaction out of a good smoke when I have something to look forward to every couple of days, keeping it to only one or two sticks on the days that I do smoke.

I woke up this morning with the intentions of making it a smoke day with something mild just before noon, then a nice, heavy stronger stick tonight.

Just before noon today......

Aranese Connecticut ~ Corona (5.5x45)

Not bad....this is the first Aranese that I have smoked. I have a feeling that this gar may have not been as good had it not been for the nine months in the humi. I dont know though, never having smoked one until today.

I got this stick nine months ago from a friend in my hometown in California during a HERF/BBQ/Card Game. I figured it was time to smoke it.

Tonight, after a dinner of what my wife calls, "Manly Man Meatloaf". ( A contraption of cheese, egg, onion, sausage, and beef), wich is absolutley excelent, I will smoke a......

Camacho Triple Maduro ~ Torpedo (6.0x54)

This one will be out of a box in the humi that I have had for alittle over a year now. The last time I smoked one was about four months ago. I'm anxious to find out if there will be any difference from the one I smoked four months ago. Guess I will find out in about three more hours.
    “Come in here, dear boy, have a cigar. You're gonna go far, fly high, You're never gonna die, You're gonna make it if you try; They're gonna love you...And did we tell you the name of the game, boy, We call it Riding the Gravy Train.”

Pink Floyd

I've smoked some great cigars recently...over the past week or so:

- WOAM '06
    - Hoyo du Roi '99
    - Opus RdC
    - Oliva O maduro

Tonight I'll be firing up either an Anejo 55 or an LFD DL Chisel. Om nom nom.

Yesterday, I smoked a couple of good smokes-

The new Siglo X Torpedo. This was actually suprisingly good.

Davidoff Millenium Blend Short Robusto. Other than a minor wrapper split (1/8")- this little sucker was simply outstanding!!!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

EL Titan Redemption lancero nice choose DG thanks and also smoked RP Edge maduro

Had another Sancho Panza Double Maduro Quixote last night. I absolutely love to pair these with a dark brew. (Shiner Black or Sam Adams Black Lager)
    Some have said its a quick 30min smoke although it normally takes me 45 min to an hour. hehe

Smoked a Gurkha Regent Toro last night around 2:00AM. It had been sitting in my humidor since I bought the humidor about a year ago. Wow, was it tasty!
    All my ex's live in Texas.

Thread Information