Page 213 of 555 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

Blog Entries

Halfway through a Cruzado Dante right now, very nice indeed
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Del Rio, TX. Middle of nowhere. From Phoenix, AZ.

Smoke a Plasencia Reserva Organica Robusto tonight. Pretty good, Tobacco was the most obvious flavor :) . It was pretty good but given the price i think i will try to find something else.

Smoked a H. Upmann Mag 50... awesome cigar

Also smoked Candidate B in the Punch election. Quite a tasty cigar, can't wait to smoke the other one

Grabbed a Gurkha Ancient Warrior, good enough that I stayed outside in -10C to finish it.
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencei2 View Post
    Just finished smoking a Savinelli Series Y RyR Toro - Tasty cigar, great burn, awesome draw, plenty of smoke... full of flavors with a slight sweetness, woody aroma and some others I can't put my finger on.
    I had a Savinelli Nicaragua Reserve last night at the local B&M. Paid $6.15+tax. Had a very slow and even burn, good ash, but the draw was a tad too tight. I had to cut off about half an inch to get enough smoke. I'll probably buy a couple and let them sit for a while. The flavor was very similar to an Oliva Serie V. Good cigar for the price...

Aurora 100 Anos Belicoso.
    This is one of my favorite cigars of all time.

7. Default

Smoked a Brazillia started of terribly it was burning awfully, the smoke was tasy but the uneven burning got on my nerves, if smoked correct it would have been very enjoyable. Cigar numero dos was a Romeo y Julieta was a good stick for three bucks, leathery flavor till the end. overall a bit bland but not a bad stick.

Josh ,keep smokin'
    Last edited by smokin-stogie; 01-29-2009 at 09:03 PM.

Was waiting for some friends for dinner and decided to go to a local B&M next to my work. To my surprise they started carrying Illusione cigars. I bought a box of 68s.....which actually ended up being cheaper than what I can find online AFTER tax. I was pretty happy about that.

Smoked one right out of the box. A little too dry, needs some time in the Humi.

Can't wait to smoke another after it rests a few days.

Andrew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Artyman1200 View Post
    Bought a tin of CAO Italia Piccolos and tried one last night after they sat in the humi for a few days. Draw felt tight but I still got plenty of smoke (someone explain that to me). Unfortunately, the hot burn from the small size overpowered the classic italia flavor and it wasn't very enjoyable, a little harsh. I'm gonna let them sit for a few weeks and see what happens. As small as they are you could still make them last 40 minutes if you wanted too...I wanted them to work but it ain't looking good...
    In general, the narrower the cigar, the slower you must smoke. If the cigar is under 40 gauge, then I'll take over a minute between draws. You might also try light purging (exhaling/pushing air into the cigar) every few draws. I do that with almost every cigar that I smoke, but that's me. (Heavy purging - pushing/blowing air into the cigar until the coal burns the wrapper - is something to try whenever a cigar starts to get even a bit harsh.)

Back on thread - right now, I'm enjoying a DPG Series JJ Maduro. Still prefer a Padron Maddie, although it isn't a fair comparison as this particular JJ is less than a year old.

edit: FC5: Nice pickup!
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Smoked the Punch Candidate A - reminded me of a regular Punch, I'm voting B. Great cigar, burned perfectly and nubbed the sucker

Smoked my first Opus and it was the power ranger - Awesome smoke, loved the subtle flavor. Great construction, though I wish it had a little more umph to it.

Also smoked a H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon torpedo - Great smoke, very smooth flavor and plenty of smoke.

Last I smoked a Onyx Reserve robusto - Had great flavor but kept getting plugged. Had one before and wasn't too fond of it. This slightly helped my view of them.

Started off with a Gurkha Legend Torpedo. I was not very impressed, taste was so-so and the burn was horrid. My second smoke I went with a Oliva Series G Special G based on DeeDubya's recomendation of a smoke similar to a Short Story. It was great! Maybe I'm making it out to be more than it is after my miserable Gurkha, but I definately will be smoking one again.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Quote Originally Posted by Silencei2 View Post
    Smoked my first Opus and it was the power ranger - Awesome smoke, loved the subtle flavor. Great construction, though I wish it had a little more umph to it.

Wha wha wha did you say? Either you really like strong cigars or pulling my chain. I still get a little buzzed smoking the xXx. It has the same amount of tobacco as the Super Beli Opus X in a nice tight little package.

Keep in mind, the one you smoked has had a year or so on it (I believe last release of '07). It should have mellowed out, but not that severely.

Smoke that other one....I'll smoke one at the Herf as well and see.

Quote Originally Posted by FactoredReality View Post
    Started off with a Gurkha Legend Torpedo. I was not very impressed, taste was so-so and the burn was horrid. My second smoke I went with a Oliva Series G Special G based on DeeDubya's recomendation of a smoke similar to a Short Story. It was great! Maybe I'm making it out to be more than it is after my miserable Gurkha, but I definately will be smoking one again.
    A Maduro Serie G? I recently had my first Serie G Cameroon and it was a pretty solid smoke. I would occasionally get a bad puff and it was little light on the weight, but for the price it's a good value.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyman1200 View Post
    A Maduro Serie G? I recently had my first Serie G Cameroon and it was a pretty solid smoke. I would occasionally get a bad puff and it was little light on the weight, but for the price it's a good value.
    No, it was a Natural. Maduro is on the list to try in the future, B&M just didn't carry any.
    "This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." - V

"You can't change the times you live in, you can only change how you choose to live in those times" - ??

Yesterday smoked a CAO Sopranos Soldier: it sucked! No I'm kidding it was good for a $5.oo cigar but it wasn't 5 it was $14 so yes its all hype on this one. If it did cost 5 bucks I would think about buying another, but really I'd buy one of many other brands at $5 a stick that are so much better. CAO you got me this time shame on you, never again though. I think I paid 3 for the cigar and 11 for the name sopranos

And today I'm on a La Gloria Cubana Serie R and its kickin my ass! Been on it 2 hours and still a 1/4 stick left

Sir Winston Churchill No.10 by Davidoff. What a great early am - mid morning cigar. Though, I am very partial to Davidoff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by visualinhalant View Post
    Yesterday smoked a CAO Sopranos Soldier: it sucked! No I'm kidding it was good for a $5.oo cigar but it wasn't 5 it was $14 so yes its all hype on this one. If it did cost 5 bucks I would think about buying another, but really I'd buy one of many other brands at $5 a stick that are so much better. CAO you got me this time shame on you, never again though. I think I paid 3 for the cigar and 11 for the name sopranos

And today I'm on a La Gloria Cubana Serie R and its kickin my ass! Been on it 2 hours and still a 1/4 stick left

The only size Soprano worth a damn is the "Boss" IMO. They can be found WAAAAY less than the MSRP.. If you look around!

Smoked a Fumadore earlier, now i'm well into a Cuesta Rey Stanfords Cameroon #9
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Alec Bradley Trilogy Exotic Maduro.

Made by Henke Kelner, uses a Brazilian maduro wrapper, Nicaraguan/Columbian filler. My step-sister's husband's favourite $3 smoke. Pretty damn good alternative to the CAO Brazilia, although my favourite NC $3 cigar remains the Gran Habano Corojo #5 (which isn't a mad).
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Blog Entries

Promptly had a Indian Tabac Maduro from my newbie sampler.
    Good to the last drop.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Just had a C.A.O. Criollo Pampas - initially had a tight draw, but that loosened up about half way through (either that or I got used to it...). Pretty good then, and certainly lasted longer than I expected from such a little guy. I didn't mind in this case since the weather was (relativly) good outside, and will be my last opportunity to get a smoke in before the weather turns nasty for a good week...
    "Celebrate Yourself!"

Thread Information