Thread: Hangover Remedy?

Default Hangover Remedy?

ok...well theres the typical drink lots of water and take an advil but that doesn't always do the trick, and it takes a while to flush out the system. i did hear mixing a raw egg, a shot of vodka and a few splashes of hot sauce makes a good morning after fix me up. also eating greasy foods for breakfast helps, so i hear, but i usually dont have an appetite after a night of swimming in hard liquor.

ANY suggestions??

I've used the greasy foods solution on a couple of occasions. It worked for me...but make sure only to eat a small amount at first.

I found that for a headache a popsicle or large Mr. Freezie does the trick. The water in it helps to rehydrate the body and the sugar helps to burn off the alcohol. Works every time!
    "Destiny, John, is a fickle bitch!"
    - Benjamin Linus

Try drinking a bottle of powerade/gatorade the night before/morning.

Like Kass said, drink as much water as possible before you go to bed, and have a bunch of water and Gatorade/Powerade ready for the next morning. Also, I've found that a piping hot bath also REALLY helps with hangovers. I'd run a bath as hot as you can stand, then drink copious amounts of fluids as you soak.

before you go to bed/pass out, drink like 2 big glasses of water and take ibuprofen (like Advil), as acetaminophen (tylanol) will screw up your liver even more.

In the morning drink a Gatorade. You need the extra salt and electrolytes in your system as much as the water. Personally, I drop a couple of alka-seltzer in the gatorade bottle for good measure.

....Or you could just start drinking again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kass View Post
    ....Or you could just start drinking again.
    that actually worked once. i woke up real hungover one night at a friends house and she wanted me to finish some leftover booze before we headed uptown from her loft. i felt like shit anyways, but after a glass of wine and a beer i actually felt better. wouldn't be good to use that method on a monday morning, but on weekends it keeps the party going.

8. Default

The best hangover remedy is a combination of B6 and B12. IM if available; orally if not. Trust me, I've cured more than a few Jarheads and Sailors.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Kass View Post
    Try drinking a bottle of powerade/gatorade the night before/morning.

Go for a run, let your body get good and warm and sweat out the alcohol. Make sure you hydrate before during and after as well as streach warm up and cool down properly.

start drinking again.

I've heard that sex is a great hangover cure too.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    The best hangover remedy is a combination of B6 and B12. IM if available; orally if not. Trust me, I've cured more than a few Jarheads and Sailors.

Doc.
    From an ex-sailor..........along with huffing some straight O2!!

Thread Information