Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cuban Embargo

Default Cuban Embargo

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...cle=1&catnum=0 So maybe 1 day the embargo will end, prices will rise, quality will fall, and eventually a correct medium will follow ? Is this the general consensus?

Quote Originally Posted by pub spears View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...cle=1&catnum=0 So maybe 1 day the embargo will end, prices will rise, quality will fall, and eventually a correct medium will follow ? Is this the general consensus?
    Pretty much. It is going to happen. Maybe not in the near future, but in my lifetime for sure. I am not looking forward to that day. (IMO anyways)
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    Pretty much. It is going to happen. Maybe not in the near future, but in my lifetime for sure. I am not looking forward to that day. (IMO anyways)
    Yup, yup, yup and yup
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

i can't wait for the day that i can get my hands on a Cubano.

Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

It is coming - when is the question... Prices will no doubt jump (at least initially) and product will become scarcer.

What I'm wondering, though - will cigar manufacturers (as I suspect) start blending other tobacco's with Cuban tobacco? It would seem to me that would be the logical thing to do - at least in some cases. And I'd be really interested to test the final product. Especially with how well the quality of NC has improved over the last several years.

Can you imagine a special blend Opus X and Cuban tobacco? Or an Anejo/Cuban hybrid? Even better yet - age the blends with Cuban tobacco like some of the special editions that have come out in recent years (i.e. LE05). Maybe SE Cuban blend Davidoff's? Or LE versions of Padron 26's and '64's? Maybe Ashton VSG/Cubans?

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    It is coming - when is the question... Prices will no doubt jump (at least initially) and product will become scarcer.

What I'm wondering, though - will cigar manufacturers (as I suspect) start blending other tobacco's with Cuban tobacco? It would seem to me that would be the logical thing to do - at least in some cases. And I'd be really interested to test the final product. Especially with how well the quality of NC has improved over the last several years.

Can you imagine a special blend Opus X and Cuban tobacco? Or an Anejo/Cuban hybrid? Even better yet - age the blends with Cuban tobacco like some of the special editions that have come out in recent years (i.e. LE05). Maybe SE Cuban blend Davidoff's? Or LE versions of Padron 26's and '64's? Maybe Ashton VSG/Cubans?
    I was actually thinking about this the other day... Why has this not happened yet, or has it? There must be a big enough market outside the states for cigars like this to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kass View Post
    I was actually thinking about this the other day... Why has this not happened yet, or has it? There must be a big enough market outside the states for cigars like this to sell.
    Which is why I don't think we are going to see much going on for cuban/non-cuban blends when (if) the embargo is lifted.

I can't see Davidoff just strutting in with a Cuban blend...not after the way they left Cuba.

They actually started talking about this on the Dogwatch the other day. The consensus there was that since all cuban cigars are actually owned by the cuban government they don't believe they will actually sell just tobacco anywhere. I would thing this is actually a pretty good reason considering the lower amount of quality control that cuba has as far as their smokes go. I wouldn't doubt that if Fuente got there hands on some cuban tobacco and started creating blends with it that it would take away some of the sales from Cuban Puros, the cuban government most likely doesn't ig that idea a whole bunch.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    Yup, yup, yup and yup
    It's the Canadians agreeing with eachother...
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    It's the Canadians agreeing with eachother...

lol

Has anyone stopped to think about the copyright problems? There are currently two Cohiba's, Romeo y Julieta's etc.

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    They actually started talking about this on the Dogwatch the other day. The consensus there was that since all cuban cigars are actually owned by the cuban government they don't believe they will actually sell just tobacco anywhere. I would thing this is actually a pretty good reason considering the lower amount of quality control that cuba has as far as their smokes go. I wouldn't doubt that if Fuente got there hands on some cuban tobacco and started creating blends with it that it would take away some of the sales from Cuban Puros, the cuban government most likely doesn't ig that idea a whole bunch.
    Yeah - but not all of the cuban tobacco is put into cigars rolled in Cuba. There is still a certain portion that is shipped out at raw tobacco.

And I think, given a significant monetary incentive, the Cuban government will do whatever the big companies want to do...

BTW - Ya buncha goofy Canucks - when is someone going to tell me what the $2 coin is called??? Inquiring minds wanna know!!!

Hahah...it's called a toonie.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin390 View Post
    Has anyone stopped to think about the copyright problems? There are currently two Cohiba's, Romeo y Julieta's etc.
    In Canada right now you can buy both varieties in every stick, except for Punch. Due to copyright rulings the Cuban Punch cannot be legally sold in Canada.

Bah, I smoke all the Cubans I want right now, so it makes no difference for me.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I'm from Mississippi and I kick ass. I don't need you to tell me that.
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke View Post
    Go to the middle east and see how long you yanks last.
    Im going there in about a year with a new company I will start work for. All I am taking is my lap top, some cloths, my humidor, a M4, bayonet, and 1911. The company said they would provide body armor and ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    You can get Cuban/Honduran blended cigars and loose cuban leaf (for your own blends I guess) from. Oops, no discussion of sources. Lets just say www.dong...

...abriel.net

It's in their home blend.
    "Science is a candle in the dark" - some science guy

MMmmm... scotch. Another love.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin390 View Post
    Im going there in about a year with a new company I will start work for. All I am taking is my lap top, some cloths, my humidor, a M4, bayonet, and 1911. The company said they would provide body armor and ammo.
    Sounds hardcore. Goodluck with that, hope you stay safe.

dead sexy smoke.

Thread Information