Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heading down to Costa Rica

Don't get lost in the jungle now... seriously.

Have a great time.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by eproven View Post
    I noticed this old thread collecting dust...
    I'm curious if anyone has heard of this company from Costa Rica?
    http://www.tabacordillera.com/index.htm

Seems like some interesting product they have there.

I know I'm a rookie and I must seem like I'm pushing this company, but honestly, I have nothing to do with them. I was just intrigued by their claims and this thread reminded me of the web site.

Thanks
    Yeah, any "Cuban Seed" claims, even if true mean virtually nothing. The reason Cuban tobacco is so different is the unique micro-climate of Cuba, as well as the soil.

Not saying that there aren't good non-cuban cigars, but most people advertising in this manner are selling shit sticks.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

3. Default

Thanks Drew.

I'm sure I have plenty of newbie mistakes ahead of me. Advise like this helps to put the odds in my favor. Appreciate it.

Blog Entries

There is some excellent information about cigar science on that site, though - storage, beetles, tasting, etc.

I've never had the cigars themselves. Some people like them (Doc StogieFresh, for example). Other people think they suck. Marketing hype is marketing hype, though - I wouldn't go out of my way to try them. If the cigar was good, people would be buying them hand over fist.

If you want to get an inkling of what today's Cuban cigars kinda taste like without spending zillions, try Tatuaje Red label or EO's Cubao. Both are reminiscent of the "modern Cuban cigar" taste IMHO. Of course, you're in Canada, so there's no reason to do so (other than economics) .
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    Don't get lost in the jungle now... seriously.

Have a great time.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Thread Information