Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heading down to Costa Rica

Blog Entries

Default Heading down to Costa Rica

I'm heading down to Costa Rica in the morning. I'll be flying into San Jose and heading to Manuel Antonio on the Pacific coast. I'm hoping to do some fishing and explore the jungle a little bit. It should be a blast. I'll be back the 11th. I'll try to check in as much as possible from internet cafe's and what not.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

well I'm going to a slip and slide party Saturday. so there.

have fun.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Have fun while you're there and let us know how your trip went when you get back!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Have a good trip Hex.

Hope you have fun.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Awesome! Enjoy your stay! I hear the Coasts are so rich out there.

Sounds like an awsome trip!
    Have a good time.

Have fun bro. Drink some rum.

Have fun Hex...

As for the rest of ya... He gave me the keys, now he's leaving!

Bow down before your new Dark Overlord...

If you are looking for a good time, head over to the Santa Teresea/Mal Pias area. Tons of gorgeous european girls sporting bikini's and looking to have a great time. It's a bit sparse in accomodations, but it's a nice area to hang out at. Jungly and not overly developed. Just basic needs, dirt roads in and out of town, small liquor store sized market to buy raw materials for food, and hammocks to swing in during the heat of the day while listening to Bob Marley.

I would advise you to take my word and stay in the area for at least a couple of nights. Let us know how things work out for ya!

HAve a good time, and if you can't be good be carefull
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HersheyWalker View Post
    If you are looking for a good time, head over to the Santa Teresea/Mal Pias area. Tons of gorgeous european girls sporting bikini's and looking to have a great time. It's a bit sparse in accomodations, but it's a nice area to hang out at. Jungly and not overly developed. Just basic needs, dirt roads in and out of town, small liquor store sized market to buy raw materials for food, and hammocks to swing in during the heat of the day while listening to Bob Marley.

I would advise you to take my word and stay in the area for at least a couple of nights. Let us know how things work out for ya!

We have this place rented out for the week: www.casabluewind.com, I'm sure we will try to get around to other parts of the country here and there, but its going to be difficult convensing anyone I'm with to stay anywhere else.

I can't wait.. this is my first non business international travel since highschool.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

2 things you have to try.

1. the canopy tour. (they have wires running through the jungle and you clip on and swing from one tree to the next. we had a family of white faced monkeys following us around.

2. is a hot spring resort called Tabacon. you can get a day pass They have hot water running down from the volcano and pools all over the place with different temps. 90 -104 I think they were.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Looks awesome Hex...

Take a bunch of pictures for the site!

Blog Entries

This place is simply amazing. I was sitting down on the back porch of our house last night listening to some Bob Marley and smoking an Exodus 1959 Torpedo. The howler monkey's started screaming across the valley. It was pretty surreal. We had spider monkeys and white faced monkeys running around, but the way those howlers scream is just crazy.

I got a gig card already filled with pictures and video, and have another 2 gig card I can fill up. We are taking a horse back riding tour through the jungle tomorrow. It should be a blast and provide many oppertunities for new shots.

Anyrate, just wanted to check in and say hello. I'm at a Internet Cafe with a very slow connection right now, so I can't really keep up with the forum right now.

Sounds like a blast!

Wow I just checked out the website. That place looks sweet!
    Last edited by Kass; 06-07-2007 at 01:30 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm back home. I flew into Miami Sunday night at 8:00 PM and had to drive all night to get home (I got in bed at 4:15 AM). I'm going to go through my pictures and get a flickr set up ASAP.

I'm supprised you came back, It sounds like you had alot of fun. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to visit Costa Rica

Quote Originally Posted by 597 View Post
    I'm supprised you came back, It sounds like you had alot of fun. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to visit Costa Rica
    Ditto.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Sounds like good times. Can't wait to see the pictures!

20. Default

I noticed this old thread collecting dust...
    I'm curious if anyone has heard of this company from Costa Rica?
    http://www.tabacordillera.com/index.htm

Seems like some interesting product they have there.

I know I'm a rookie and I must seem like I'm pushing this company, but honestly, I have nothing to do with them. I was just intrigued by their claims and this thread reminded me of the web site.

Thanks

Thread Information