Thread: Where should removed posts go?

Default Where should removed posts go?

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    Ok... bigsmoke/420seth is now banned. Primary reason being multiple accounts. So as not to remove the entire thread all posts dealing with bigsmoke have been moved to the trash bin. When Hex returns, or has time, he will review this and if I goofed somewhere it can all be returned.

For now, Cuban Embargo discussions please. If you wish to discuss the bigsmoke situation further please start a new thread in General or Rules and Regs.

Thanks...
    I think you should move his nonsense to another thread so as not to edit out his obnoxiousness - and leave this one to the discussion at hand..

While I agree there should be a public record of his behaviour that is not what I have been asked to do. When Hex returns from his vacation perhaps we can encourage a discussion on the topic here for future events. However, for now, I will discharge my duties as I have been asked to.

hhmmmm...... Seems I am missing alot of shit around here lately
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Blog Entries

Ok, now that I'm back, I'll start the discussion. Many boards have a "trash bin" to move posts too instead of deleting them. I liked the idea because I want to have a record of all messages no matter what. Now that being said, I'm open to other suggestions. Maybe we can make the Trash Bin a forum open to members only? I don't want it to show up in Search Engines or visible to non-members.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

The Trash Bin forum sounds fine; and I like that only members can see it.

One question: Will the threads/posts be locked? I think they should be there for people to see, but only to see. If people could reply to the "trash" posts, it would just turn into another politics forum.

I like the idea of it being viewable to members but something people can't post in.

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    The Trash Bin forum sounds fine; and I like that only members can see it.

One question: Will the threads/posts be locked? I think they should be there for people to see, but only to see. If people could reply to the "trash" posts, it would just turn into another politics forum.

I was thinking the same thing.

Blog Entries

Yep, locking it down was my original intention, I should have probably made that clearer.

We don't need another Politics forum.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Works for me with lockdown.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

just like a museum!
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Don't delete anything and lock it down for all to see.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    Maybe we can make the Trash Bin a forum open to members only?

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch View Post

Don't delete anything and lock it down for all to see.

DG
    Exactly, let the record stand so it can be viewed, but lock it down so it doesn't become another place to rant and rave.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    just like a museum!
    Yep, like Ripleys believe it or not......I like keeping the record for members only and agree it should be locked to further posts.

Blog Entries

I got the Trash Bin setup. It's not visible unless you are logged in and general members can not post to it.

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I got the Trash Bin setup. It's not visible unless you are logged in and general members can not post to it.
    Looks good.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Oh that picture of sethie-poo is f'n hilarious.

Thread Information