Thread: Noob Intro

Default Noob Intro

Yeah, I read all the post's from when chefchris asked about an Noob Intro section back when...but then I also saw where CC asked about having a youtube section and all that bull...there were more hits about a Non cigar related subject than I wanted to listen to. Now, do we want to listen to every noob (myself included) ask questions everytime one comes in asking....how do i season my humidor, why are my cigars.., how come my...over & over again ? Why not set up a Noob Thread with Stickys like
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthre...rs+humidor+set
    and I know there are many other stickys that could be added to this...so when a new "Member" joins up, they should/could/would go to the sticky to find the answer to many of their questions and all we would have to do is fill the stickys with noob info !
    I'm sure i'll be getting some hate back for posting this but, it's just something that I cant see affecting anyone in a bad way. So there's my thought's, let me know why we dont have/want a noob section !

Actually, I think that's not a bad idea. I'm a noob and have been doing searches for topics that I need more help on. Sometimes I find the info and other times I don't. I think putting all the beginner information in a designated spot would be very helpful, not to mention a time saver. Good idea Dub!
    "Destiny, John, is a fickle bitch!"
    - Benjamin Linus

You got my vote.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Someone out there want to write a noob FAQ so Hex can sticky it? Sounds like a good idea to me.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

a great idea! i just joined also and have spent some time searching the archives. i also do apologize for some questions i know have probably been answered here before but sometimes i type in searches with wording that doesn't match previous posts. a newbie thread would eliminate all the duplicates. this would save newbs a lot of time, the senior members some annoyance, and the web site a lot of space.

hope this gets rolling!

-vic
    Last edited by victory01; 05-29-2007 at 10:12 AM.

Sounds like a great idea!

Thread Information