Thread: Exhaling smoke through nose?

Default Exhaling smoke through nose?

Okay, I have to do it. I searched about exhaling smoke through your nose, and I've seen that most people recommend it, but I can't understand how to do it without inhaling the smoke. Somebody please enlighten me. I feel very newbish.

Hmmm.. tough to explain.
    Maybe try bringing the smoke to the back part of your mouth.

Get a nice full mouthful of smoke, shut your mouth completely, and, while closing your jaw and lifting up your tongue, exhale forcibly through your nose.

Make sure you have a full breath of air in your lungs first too. Tough to exhale when the only air to exhale is what's in your mouth. As you're exhaling through your nose, use your tongue like JFellows said to force the smoke from your mouth into the air going out your nose.

spiffy

Blog Entries

And, depending on the cigar, prepare yourself for some stinging and maybe a few tears in the eyes. When I first starting trying to do this to improve my tasting abilities it always stung like a bitch.......now its not so bad, and it does increase the amount of flavors that you will be able to detect, at least it has for me.

The above methods of using your tongue to force out the smoke is proper, though I would be cautious how "forcefully" you tried it at first.

I've also started to do this, BUT only with mild cigars. Even with mild cigars, it still stings, so you just need to get used to it.

Great Advice! I had no idea this would improve my ability to taste the flavors. Can't wait to try.

Sean

I prefer to gently sniff a little of the smoke you can release from your mouth after drawing. All the flavor, none of the sting. Wind will completely screw this method up, along with making your cigar burn hot and unevenly. I hate smoking in the wind.
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    I prefer to gently sniff a little of the smoke you can release from your mouth after drawing. All the flavor, none of the sting. Wind will completely screw this method up, along with making your cigar burn hot and unevenly. I hate smoking in the wind.
    I agree 100% with this. Exhaling thru your nose isn't all it's cracked up to be. It can sting like hell (not why I smoke cigars) and makes me sneeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    I agree 100% with this. Exhaling thru your nose isn't all it's cracked up to be. It can sting like hell (not why I smoke cigars) and makes me sneeze.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

from the future. here are tonights winning lotto numbers

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Smokey the bear says:.....

Update: Okay, tried this on a camping trip this weekend. Managed to do it every now and then. Tried it with a Padron. Big mistake. I thought my head was going to explode for a while.

i know that a lot of taste comes from smelling, but you guys aren't making this sound too appealing. i think ill stick to smelling it in my nose apose to blowing it out.

i did try it at a bbq this wknd. i dont think i was that successful. i did sense a lil more flavor but didn't burn at all.

Thread Information