Thread: Hi Everyone! I am Back!

Default Hi Everyone! I am Back!

Hey guys....it has been a really long time since I have been on here. This past year has just been plain nuts! Our company was growing so fast and we did not have enough help so I was kinda doing everything from sales to working out in shipping and recieving. We have a handle on it now though and I can spend more time in the office. My wife and I had a baby boy in February and we have been busy as hell since! Now that we finally have a good schedule down and I have some free time I can get on here and post once again! Hope everyone is doing good, did I miss anything too exciting?? I am looking forward to spending more time here.

Glad to see you back an that thinhs have calmed down for you.

Congratulations on the baby.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Blog Entries

Great to see you back Jonesy...congrats on the new arrival!

Oh, and things have been pretty mellow around here; not much for you to catch up on.

Welcome back and congrats on the new baby!
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

welcome back Jonsey. Congrats on the baby.

Wow, long time no read. Congrats on everything! Hope Elizabeth and Marie aren't too crowded yet so you can enjoy some dips in the water.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Welcome back, life comes first, and optional activities like internet boards are optional.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Blog Entries

Welcome back...but your kinda famous here your the guy who began the map!

http://www.frappr.com/cigarsmokers

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    Wow, long time no read. Congrats on everything! Hope Elizabeth and Marie aren't too crowded yet so you can enjoy some dips in the water.
    We actually moved our boat to Elizabeth this year. It far less crowded there and it is a bigger lake.

I just looked up Twin Lakes and it's a lot closer to where I spend my youth than I thought. From the ages of 5-11, my family lived in Oregon, Wisconsin. Don't know if you are familiar with that area but I attended Oregon Elementary and Brooklyn Junior High - only one year of Junior High before we moved to Texas.

I have fond memories of Wisconsin. I often mull over the possibility of retiring there someday. But several people who I have told of my experiences there in the 1970's have said that Wisconsin is not as bitterly cold as it was back when I was there. Subzero temperatures were a given during the winter, and with wind chill, -50 or worse was common. Snow fell early and stayed around for months on end.

I miss the cheese stores, and my favorite, cheese curds. I miss A&W root beer and floats. And I miss the pastoral nature of much of the Wisconsin of my youth. We were not far from Madison, but there were farms everywhere around us, and my dad used to buy his milk and eggs directly from farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    I just looked up Twin Lakes and it's a lot closer to where I spend my youth than I thought. From the ages of 5-11, my family lived in Oregon, Wisconsin. Don't know if you are familiar with that area but I attended Oregon Elementary and Brooklyn Junior High - only one year of Junior High before we moved to Texas.

I have fond memories of Wisconsin. I often mull over the possibility of retiring there someday. But several people who I have told of my experiences there in the 1970's have said that Wisconsin is not as bitterly cold as it was back when I was there. Subzero temperatures were a given during the winter, and with wind chill, -50 or worse was common. Snow fell early and stayed around for months on end.

I miss the cheese stores, and my favorite, cheese curds. I miss A&W root beer and floats. And I miss the pastoral nature of much of the Wisconsin of my youth. We were not far from Madison, but there were farms everywhere around us, and my dad used to buy his milk and eggs directly from farmers.
    Oregon is just south of Madison, which is about 2 hours from me. I am not familiar with the area up there, but where I live, the weather is pretty warm. Winter can get cold and drag on but it is only subzero for a week or two in January. By us, they have done a good job of keeping development under control and not letting all of the farms to get developed.

elizabeth is where we had our boat. You keep it at Mad Dan's? We were water skiers and even elizabeth got to crowded, hard to find a day it wasn't choppy because of boats zipping back and forth. Still good times though!
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    elizabeth is where we had our boat. You keep it at Mad Dan's? We were water skiers and even elizabeth got to crowded, hard to find a day it wasn't choppy because of boats zipping back and forth. Still good times though!
    Mad Dan's is gone now. They sold it and moved to Downtown Twin Lakes. Twin lakes and The DNR bought it to make a boat launch. But, for now, there is no real public access to the lake so it will be nice. Elizabeth does get crowded, but not nearly as bad as Lake Mary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484 View Post
    Mad Dan's is gone now. They sold it and moved to Downtown Twin Lakes. Twin lakes and The DNR bought it to make a boat launch. But, for now, there is no real public access to the lake so it will be nice. Elizabeth does get crowded, but not nearly as bad as Lake Mary.
    The world I grewed up in is no more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484 View Post
    Oregon is just south of Madison, which is about 2 hours from me. I am not familiar with the area up there, but where I live, the weather is pretty warm. Winter can get cold and drag on but it is only subzero for a week or two in January. By us, they have done a good job of keeping development under control and not letting all of the farms to get developed.
    That's great to hear, someday I want to revisit Oregon to pass down memory lane, and I'd hate to see it's been paved over and stamped with cookie-cutter apartments and housing developments. I really like the pastoral nature of that area.

Thread Information