Thread: Toronto, Ontario

Default Toronto, Ontario

I am going to be in Toronto June 23-28 at the AWWA convention for work. Of course, I am going to have to pick up some cigars while I am up there. I searched for cigar stores in the Toronto area and it seams that they are all over the place. Anyone ever been there or live there and have suggestions on the best place to go. I am going to be all the way down by the lake. The Metro Toronto Convention Centre is off of Front Street and our hotel is within walking distance. I did find a place called Skyway Cigar, not sure if it is any good or not. Any feedback would be great!

I highly suggest bringing your own sticks. You're going to be paying atleast 3x what you would normally pay in the states. The only plus is that you can buy habanos, but they are also rediculously taxed. I've only been to Thomas Hinds and Frank Correnti. TH has a pretty large selection but prices are typical canadian prices (way too high). Frank Correnti sells frank correnti cigars. They roll them there, and are 100% cuban tobacco, long filler and the tobacco has been aged for a min. 5 years. I've only smoked 2 of them so far and they were pretty good.
    Here's the website http://www.correnticigars.com/.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Hey Jonsey. Check out THIS post by me regarding an informal cigar price study I did in Montreal. Prices will vary a little, but not enough that you should worry about buying anything in Canada.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Quote Originally Posted by Kass View Post
    I highly suggest bringing your own sticks. You're going to be paying atleast 3x what you would normally pay in the states. The only plus is that you can buy habanos, but they are also rediculously taxed. I've only been to Thomas Hinds and Frank Correnti. TH has a pretty large selection but prices are typical canadian prices (way too high). Frank Correnti sells frank correnti cigars. They roll them there, and are 100% cuban tobacco, long filler and the tobacco has been aged for a min. 5 years. I've only smoked 2 of them so far and they were pretty good.
    Here's the website http://www.correnticigars.com/.
    I did check out Frank Correnti's website. It looks like it is only a couple of blocks from where I am staying. I am definatly going to be bringing my own sticks. I just want a good place that I go hang out and smoke a couple of cigars. I am not planning on buying anything there to bring home unless there is a really good cigar that catches my eye.

I'm pretty sure you can't smoke anywhere in Toronto, inside atleast. The weather should be nice though and theres lots of nice restaurants/bars with patios downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kass View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can't smoke anywhere in Toronto, inside atleast. The weather should be nice though and theres lots of nice restaurants/bars with patios downtown.
    So Toronto has no smoking inside too? Can you smoke inside the cigar shops?

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey5484 View Post
    So Toronto has no smoking inside too? Can you smoke inside the cigar shops?
    Nowhere in Ontario dude, and most public areas have no smoking with-in a certain number of feet from an entranceway or window. Downtown Windsor Ontario, there are area where the only place to legally smoke is middle of Ouelette Ave.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfie View Post
    Nowhere in Ontario dude, and most public areas have no smoking with-in a certain number of feet from an entranceway or window. Downtown Windsor Ontario, there are area where the only place to legally smoke is middle of Ouelette Ave.
    Well That Blows!! Where the hell am I supposed to smoke??

I'm pretty sure you can smoke on the patios as long as there is no roof-like covering.

10. Default

As far as I know the rule with regard to patios is based on the rules of the establishment (the law may allow you to smoke on unenclosed patios but many places will ask you to put it out). I have basically quit trying to find them and just go to local pubs where I know no one cares (I'm living in High Park).

Ask someone at the hotel if there's a good patio that allows smoking within walking distance - otherwise, if the weather's good, it won't take you long to find one.

Thanks everyone for the info. I am hoping that my hotel room has a balcany or somewhere close to my room that I can smoke.

Go to Monk's patio... He'll let you smoke there.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Go to Monk's patio... He'll let you smoke there.
    Shit, was on holiday and then swamped at work and somehow missed this thread. Too damn right I would have! CRAAAAAP. Hey Jonsey, hope you had a good time. There are definately patios and some places to get some sticks around (others have commented on prices, but at least most of em are Cubans). If you are in the area again send me a PM and we'll hook up for a smoke!

Again, Sorry I missed this thread.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

Thread Information