Thread: Cuban Cigar Box Codes

1. Default Cuban Cigar Box Codes

I have a box of Partagas Lusitanias with a code of EOG CCNE

I also have a box of Trinidad Super Robustos with a code of EAT CCNE

As far as I can tell these codes mean that the Lusitanias were made at the La Corona factory in 12/99 and the Trinidads were made at the Partagas factory in 12/99. My question is can Partagas be made and in the La Corona factory and can te Trinidads be made in the Partagas factory? Anyone know?

As far as I know, it's possible. They don't just make certain brands at certain factorys. They mix and match a bit.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roham
    As far as I know, it's possible. They don't just make certain brands at certain factorys. They mix and match a bit.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JD_Bailey

As far as I can tell these codes mean that the Lusitanias were made at the La Corona factory in 12/99 and the Trinidads were made at the Partagas factory in 12/99. My question is can Partagas be made and in the La Corona factory and can te Trinidads be made in the Partagas factory? Anyone know?

Generally, all Cuban cigars are rolled at a select number of factories. So - can Trinidads be produced at both the Partagas and La Corona Factories? Yes - it is possible.

What you must understand about box codes, though - they were not meant to be "broken". The codes were used by the Cuban government as an internal measure to detect and defeat counterfeiters. Cuba does not publish the list, so what you see are a persons interpretation of what those box codes mean. They are probably, most likely accurate, but it's unknown if they really are...

Hope that helps...

Check out this website:

http://www.cigarweekly.com/community..._box_codes.asp

Might help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by JD_Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101
    Check out this website:

http://www.cigarweekly.com/community..._box_codes.asp

Might help you out.

I'm pretty sure that's where he got his initial information....

7. Default

Right. My question was really whether it is strange that the lusatanias were made at the La Corona factory (I would have thought that they would be made at that Partagas factory) and the Trinidads were made at the Partagas (I would have thought they were made at the El Liguito (sp?) factory).

8. Default EAT CCNE Factory code cigars - lanceros

Quote Originally Posted by JD_Bailey View Post

Any chance the Trinidad's are available for sale? I am looking for anything from EAT CCNE, especially Cohiba Lancero's or other longer thinner cigars, reasonably priced, of course.

Thanks!
    Billy

Sorry Billy, the sale, trade or possession of cuban cigars is illegal in the United States.

So you will have to go outside the country if you want them.

Also no one is going to sell you any here.

Not trying to be a jerk, but dem da rules

Please see the boards Cuban Cigar Policy

Quote Originally Posted by eagle73155@aol.com View Post
    Any chance the Trinidad's are available for sale? I am looking for anything from EAT CCNE, especially Cohiba Lancero's or other longer thinner cigars, reasonably priced, of course.

Thanks!
    Billy
    i've got some. what's your e-mail address?

Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Thread Information