• 1 Perdomo Series P

My Additions:
    • 2 Belmore Cameroon Selection Torpedos
    • 1 Belmore Torpedo
    • 1 Dominican Santiago Selection Toro

2. Default I got the box today.

Cool,

I got the box today,

Some of the stick were damaged, however I believe them to be ok to smoke.

I will have my takes and place my puts this week and transfer on.

later

We are going to have to get a better system for storing. If this box pass makes it back to me (which it better, dammit!), we will use a Cigar Caddy next time. That way they won't get damaged in transit. I need a little trust before I send out a $100 caddy and hope to get it back.

Blog Entries

Yeah, and it's probably a good idea to leave the cello's on the sticks as well. I ended up leaving the cello's on the 2 Belmore Cameroon's. I hope they end up ok. The cello is on the cigar to protect it for purposes just like this.

I take the cello off before they go in the humi. Thus, I had no cello. Plus, certain cigars don't come with cello on them.

Hex is right though. If they have cello, keep them on please.

Update needed.

Where is the box right now? Ashman, are you up? When you need the address for the next in line, pm me for the details. This is the order:

cockyhoskins
    hex1848
    ashman
    blowinsmoke
    elrico
    Oblik
    WayneSMT
    Less11
    reddeer
    cigarsmoka
    cockyhoskins

Default Order of the pass....

I will be out of town April 4th through the 11th. If I miss my turn I will understand, but if Wayne could maybe pass to another after me and then I could be the last one before it returns home, that would be awesome. If not, I will be in on the next pass as I have quite a collection of cigars.
    Thanks guys,

Mr Les
    Mr. Les

8. Default Where oh where is the box pass.

I have handed it off to BlowenSmoke. I am sure we will get it out to elrico
    Soon (in the morning).

So can some one send me the mailing address for elrico
    ?

Send it to JWilson587@austin.rr.com

Blog Entries

Ash, Can you update us on what you took and added from the pass?

10. Default Ashman587's and Blowinsmoke's contribution to the Box Pass

ashman587
    *My Takes:
    *******- Rocky Patel, Vintage 1992
    * - Belmore Orange Label?
    * - Indian Tobac, Maduro, super fuerte
    * - Carlos Torano, exodus 1959

My Puts:
    *******- Pinar (Pre Embargo Cuban, made in Equador) no label
    * - El Rey Del Mundo
    * - Ancient Warrior, k. Hansotia
    * - Punch Gran Puro

Blowinsmoke
    Takes:
    - Belmore Torpedo
    - Belmore Orange Label?

Puts:
    - A Fuente Grand Reserva 858
    - Cohiba corona Especial Cuban (No Label)

Also, Since the box pass seemed a bit in need of a container up grade. I replaced the tupperware containers with a Monte Cristo White box/ humidor.

Also, I wanted to share a few more than I took, so I also added a few:
    - Don Lino Africa
    - Grand Habano Corojo #5
    - C.A.O. Brazilia, Feito

Also I left most of our puts in the celo, for safety.

Then recharged the humidifiers and sealed the box. Blowinsmoke will get it in the maii today, Or as soon as I get the mailing address for " elrico" It can be sent to my personal e-mail JWilson587@aistin.rr.com

FYI - folks we purchased my puts from www.showmeyourash.com, check em out. Very happy with the quality and service.

Thanks for including us. When is the next one...LOL

Great job ash. Thanks for fixing up the packaging too. I will use a cigar caddy on the next one, which we can start as soon as this is over. In fact, I will go ahead and put a sign up sheet out there.

12. Default the next pass

What do you all think about having a "rare - uniqe" cigar pass???

you know ...nothing extreamly exotic but, more of a true fine cigar pass.

your thoughts???

I am down. Not so much a "rare" cigar pass, as in vintage, expensive, but more "rare" as in not common.

I just don't think you boys could keep up if we did the first kind.

14. Default The BOX is safe in Dallas

Okay. I received the box today. There are a few casualties, but for the most part, the contents are in fine shape. The Oliveros Gran Reserva is pretty battered, and the MC Le Grand Delacroix has a bit of damage, but can probably be salvaged.

Not sure if it was originally included, but the Takes/Puts list and mailing info for those participating is not in the box. I've printed up some sheets to record Takes and Puts for the remaining stops on the pass. Also, I've placed any unprotected sticks into individual cigar baggies for protection. I added several dozen additional bags, so any later adds to the box can be protected, if not already wrapped in cellophane.

A few questions about previous puts;

There are two unbanded cigars; one maduro corona size, and one natural toro size. I assume these are the Pinar pre-embargo, and the Cohiba Corona Especial, but I'm not sure which is which, so I'll leave them unmarked. Neither of the cigars seem to have a Cuban triple cap, and to my knowledge Cohiba doesn't make a maduro corona, so it's a bit confusing. Somewhere, the wires are crossed.

The two Partagas Churchills that started the pass are gone. I assume they were removed due to damage on the first leg of the pass? Also, per the previous takes/puts posted, one of the RP Vintage 1992 should be remaining, but I can't locate it. Similarly, both of the Belmore Cameroon Torpedos put in by Hex should be gone, but there is still one in the box. No big deal....one missing/one extra.

My Takes:

Don Lino Africa Lancero
    Gran Habano Corojo #5 (Toro)
    Ancient Warrior Robusto
    El Rey Del Mundo Toro

My Puts:

Alec Bradley Pryme #100R (Robusto)
    CAO Italia Gondola (Torpedo)
    Torano Exodus 1959 Gold Torpedo
    La Gloria Cubana Toro

And a few extra Puts:

5 Vegas Gold Toro
    Fire by Indian Tabac Churchill
    Astral Churchill

Cockyhoskins.....please send me mailing info for Oblik, and I'll keep the box moving. Thanks for letting me take part.

Elrico

15. Default Box headed to Oblik

The box left yesterday via Priority Mail insured. Delivery confirmation number, which should be viewable via the internet, is: 0301 0120 0002 8468 0546. Dallas-Albuquerque....you will likely see the box Saturday.

The box has a new Takes/Puts list, as well as the mailing info for the remaining stops on the pass.

Thanks again for allowing me to play.

Elrico

Default Ok...Kinda worried

Hey fellas. There is a slight problem. The delivery confirmation said that it was delivered on Sat. I was home all day Saturday and there was no package delivered. What address did you send it off to?? Damn it...I'll see if I can track it down.

Carlos
    Life is to short to b!tch...Get over it and move on.

Something has gone bad here. For an insured package it needed to be signed for. Now, one of three things has happened:

1. It is still in the carrier's truck and he has forgot about it.
    2. The dumbass carrier just left it on the porch and some knucklehead snagged it(I really hope not)
    3. It was delivered to another address and some ass wipe signed for it and is now enjoying our cigars. In this case I can go knocking on his door and punch him in the nose.

I will hopefully find out tomorrow what the hell is going on and be able to get this situation resolved. If I can ask a favor of someone; if worse comes to worst I will need a receipt for the sticks that were in there. This is not to say that I will need the "exact receipts" If one of you can go to your local shop and have some sort of receipt printed up that has, if possible, an itemized list on it that would add up to the value of the sticks that were in there. This way I can go to my local shop and replace what was lost. Now this is only if worse comes to worse. I hope not but at this point it is a possibility. Crapola!! This sucks guys. I'll do my best to get this taken care of quickly.

Carlos

PS:
    Sorry I was AWOL for a while; I was out of town a couple of times and was busy last week getting back into the swing of school.

Problem solved...It was marked as delivered but was taken back to the station. It is safe with me.

Ok...What I will do is make a spread sheet that will have the numbers of all the cigars on them and then number the bags. I will include a colum for taker, person who put and price. When you take you mark it on the sheet and replace the cigar by putting your put in the bag that it came from.

There are a couple of issues I would like to bring up before I sent this bad boy off:

1. The 5 Vegas Gold is trashed. It has a full crack from cap to foot. If there are no objections I will remove this from the pass to save room.

2. The second thing...the suposed Cohiba ISOM is no where near an ISOM, it is not even a cohiba.

3. Third...I really hope that the pass did not start with the Partgas ISOMs I saw in the pics because they are not here and are AWOL. Also, I cant locate one of the Rocky Patel sticks.

4. The new Humi looks great!! It will be a nice present to cocky.

5. ASHMAN...question...Is the Celo that the Pinar in come with the cigar or did you put that for protection?

6. COCKY...question...what is the MSRP on the Bohemia??

I will post my puts and takes here tomorrow.

Carlos
    Last edited by Oblik; 03-29-2005 at 07:23 PM.

Humi as a present? I think it was just being used as protective packaging. I will get it back to whoever sent it.

I didn't even know there was a Cohiba in there (allegedly). Who put it in?

And where are the Partagas? Come on people step it up.

Oblik, thanks for spear heading the effort here. We will get it right next time.

As for the price on the bohemia, I have no clue. I think a sampler of five or six is like $30 bucks.

20. Default info on the pass

Blowinsmoke put the Cohiba in allegedly, she is new and may have been misinformed...

The Celo that the Pinar, I put it on for protection.

Humi as a present, YES. No need to return it. I have several. I make custom ones in my wood shop.

Thread Information