Thread: New to this

Default New to this

Hi to everyone, love the site been checking it out for awhile. I grow my own leaf here in Central Florida (it ight not be world class but it's mine) and have been smoking cigars for years. Hope to spend some good times here.
    KOTL--grow your own and smoke it!!!!

you role your cigars? or you smoke your leaves in a pipe?

o, and welcome!

Hello and welcome to the the board. You will find that you can get alot of answers here . . . even if you never had any questions

Are you a big tobacco farmer or have you converted that college growing closet to grow tobacco instead of and grow in smaller "personal use" quantities?

you roll your cigars? or you smoke your leaves in a pipe?
    Ditto the above question by Drake . . .

(hey Drake I edited your spelling of "role" so as not to start another "issue" on spelling here )
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

SFG75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheLeaf
    Hi to everyone, love the site been checking it out for awhile. I grow my own leaf here in Central Florida (it ight not be world class but it's mine) and have been smoking cigars for years. Hope to spend some good times here.
    Welcome to CSmokers!!.

I have tried to roll my own with little success...I have rolled a leaf over an existing cigar and smoked it that way...I am growing three types of tobacco, all of which have turned out to be a little bit mild for my tastes so it's more of an experimentation. I sell small amounts to Miami which is evidently used in some local brand which I am still waiting for a sample of.

I have 10 plantable acres so it's a small time operation, more of a hobby at this point.

thanks for the welcomes!

SFG75 Guest

I have tried to roll my own with little success...I have rolled a leaf over an existing cigar and smoked it that way...I am growing three types of tobacco, all of which have turned out to be a little bit mild for my tastes so it's more of an experimentation. I sell small amounts to Miami which is evidently used in some local brand which I am still waiting for a sample of.

I have 10 plantable acres so it's a small time operation, more of a hobby at this point.

thanks for the welcomes!

Sounds like a good hobby!. Forgive the naive question here, but do you just produce wrapper? Or do you also produce leaf for binders and filler? If there are any online links to buy domestic cigars made out of your stuff, let us know.

Well, it's more properly filler and probably wouldn't make a bad binder and from what I have been told it's being used (or will be used, I am still in the dark about where they are at with this) as filler to produce a cigar that can be sold as containing domestic Florida tobacco. My curing process is derived from what I have read and my brief experience in this field.."King of the Leaf" is more or less a self-deprecating label at this point...because the leaf is not real smooth and makes a terrible looking wrapper (of course I am a bad roller too, so...) but the taste is different. I will get better. Until it's not fun anymore!

Bugs here really, really like it.

SFG75 Guest

Well, it's more properly filler and probably wouldn't make a bad binder and from what I have been told it's being used (or will be used, I am still in the dark about where they are at with this) as filler to produce a cigar that can be sold as containing domestic Florida tobacco. My curing process is derived from what I have read and my brief experience in this field.."King of the Leaf" is more or less a self-deprecating label at this point...because the leaf is not real smooth and makes a terrible looking wrapper (of course I am a bad roller too, so...) but the taste is different. I will get better. Until it's not fun anymore!

All that I can say is: Wow!. No need to be so humble, I couldn't keep a tobacco plant alive to save my life in all reality. Thanks for sharing with us, I like hearing accounts from those who've actually handled the stuff that the rest of us enjoy. Once again, when the folks who buy your stuff market their 'gars, let us know.

i second that SFG75! i'll defenatly (sp?) try one.

All of use enjoy cigars and are passionate enough to consider it a hobby, but you have definitely taken it to the next level.

Thread Information