Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ash Contest

Default Ash Contest

With all of the contests that I've been taking part in, I figured it was about time for me to have one of my own. Since I'm fond of seeing how far down I can smoke my stogies without having to ash, I'm going to make that the goal of this contest.

The following criteria will come into play in terms of scoring:

-The length of the cigar
    -The ring gauge of the cigar
    -The location where you smoked it

Pictures are obviously a necessity. However, to provide authenticity and verification that you smoked your cigar during the timetables of this contest, I will require you to have one of the following items in the background of your ash picture:

-A newspaper with a current date or headline in plain view
    -A small sign or post-it note with "ASH CONTEST" or "JFELLOWS" written on it
    -You, while doing the "shocker" with your free hand:

Since not everyone will always be in a location congruent with an ash picture contest, this contest will run until my birthday on July 28. This should allow for plenty of entries, and plenty of time for people to be able to meet the rules and criteria of this contest.

One winner will be chosen and will receive a nice assortment of sticks. Depending on how close the runner(s)-up are, I may include consolation prizes. Anyone may enter the contest, but potential winners must have 70 posts as of the conclusion of the contest. Good luck!! Here are some pictures of my own to get you motivated:

Last edited by JFellows; 06-25-2007 at 04:03 PM.

LMAO at the shocker. Nice contest. Since I won the ash stand contest, I'll have to try and follow it up with the longest ash.
    Last edited by WOXOF; 06-24-2007 at 11:18 PM. Reason: confused

Any time I try to do it, it never turns out. Guess I'll have to give it another go.
    How many entries we get, 1, 2?
    Brian Wells

Good question. You may enter as many times as you'd like. However, each person is only eligible for one prize. I won't award 1st prize AND a runner-up prize to the same person who entered two ash pics.

you have the same birthday as my sister, just thought i'd toss that out there

Lets start this contest off with a bang!
    Henry Clay Rothschild 5 X 50
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0625071552.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	629  
    Last edited by Lukeman8; 06-27-2007 at 10:53 AM.

Very nice ash, and excellent incorporation of the Shocker into the picture.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    Very nice ash, and excellent incorporation of the Shocker into the picture.
    Nice.....shocker.....would that be WSU shockers??? WooShock.

Hmmm, one entry in three weeks' time. At least this contest will be easy to judge.

I've been trying... just never seems to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by ReV View Post
    I've been trying... just never seems to work out.
    yeah, me too. Every cigar I've smoked over the past few weeks I've started out thinking "hmm... maybe I'll enter this one in jfellows contest." Then at some point the ash falls. Basically I suck at it.

Quote Originally Posted by derivation View Post
    yeah, me too. Every cigar I've smoked over the past few weeks I've started out thinking "hmm... maybe I'll enter this one in jfellows contest." Then at some point the ash falls. Basically I suck at it.
    same here.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Haha...oh well. If Lukeman ends up winning, it'll save me money on shipping costs - he's a five minute walk from my house.

Do a good deed everyone, and dont enter anything! JFellows is a good man and shouldnt have to pay shipping, so just do him a favor and ignore the contest!

Ok, i dont know if this is the longest ash, but its certainly the largest... CAO Brazilia Trombeta:
    the ash:

more ash:

girlfriend making 'the shocker' for legitimacy purposes:

length reference, standard playing card.

it be longer, but as top heavy as that thing was, it sort of just toppled over after that.

Well, today is my birthday and the end of this contest. I think I'll have to declare LukeMan8 the overall winner, but Rev also provided a very cool ash and will duly be rewarded. Damn -- I hope my next contest has a better response...

Well it wasn't for lack of trying. I must have tried to take a pic a dozen times, but every time the ash fell as I was positioning for the pic. Oh well, I'll just keep practicing for the next ash type contest.

spiffy

i tried for this contest a bunch load of times too. it always falls right before i think i should take a pic. even the ones when i feel i should take an early one just in case it falls off.
    pretty frustrating the first couple of times.

great contest though!

congrats to the winners.

for the record, i did recieve a great assortment of sticks from jfellows

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    Well, today is my birthday and the end of this contest. I think I'll have to declare LukeMan8 the overall winner, but Rev also provided a very cool ash and will duly be rewarded. Damn -- I hope my next contest has a better response...
    dont know if you were sending me anything or not, and i'd by no means be upset if you didn't, but just FYI, if you did, it hasn't arrived. I wasn't sure if you were or not based on the above statement... i didn't really win, so i dont expect anything, but if it got lost in the mail, i dont want you to think i'm ungrateful...

Thread Information