Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: PotPass Contest

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    Smoked the Puro yesterday.

This was a Toro 6 X 50~52 or so, medium dark wrapper, fairly soft to finger pressure. cut and light with no problems, draw was a bit light for my tastes. burn stayed mostly straight. Taste is grassy, earthy, mild peppery finish. lots of smoke, not a cigar I would write home about, but I did hold it 'till about 1-3/4" left before it got hot and harsh. Maybe a bit under-filled.

I'm guessing Mexican

Thanks for the opportunity to play

Well.........that's incorrect!!
    You smoked a Jericho cigar, a Nicaraguan puro.
    Sorry the smoke wasn't a 'write home about' type of smoke, this was the first puro I found that had decent reviews.

Blog Entries

Dang

Heads Up Mizicke5273, this will be on the way tomorrow, I hope you have better luck than I did
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I shall be waiting.

Blog Entries

Fedex tracking number is:

0314062 70579411

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Got the package in today.

Ill smoke it tomorrow night, and then post my uneduamacatedguestament up!

Blog Entries

Nice Homer Simpsonizing

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

I can't believe I never saw this until now. If there is more room to play count me in.....however seeing I am 11 pages into it...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    I can't believe I never saw this until now. If there is more room to play count me in.....however seeing I am 11 pages into it...LOL
    That is quite unbelievable.

Just added Roham and Guado.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Ok, finally had some time last night to smoke the puro. I smoked this while watching 3:10 to Yuma.

It was a torpedo with about a 52~ ring gauge, fairly dark wrapper, very little give to it, and once cut it had a very nice draw to it. It cut and lit easily. It had a semi-sweet flavor throughout the entire smoke. It produced a good amount of smoke. I had to touch it up a few times, but nothing major. It was a pretty good cigar.

Im gona have to guess Nicaraguan.

Thanks for the good smoke and letting me be a part of this.

Blog Entries

I thought 3:10 to Yuma was a pretty darn good movie!

While watching it, you were smoking a Don Kiki Brown Label, a cigar made entirely of Nicaraguan tobaccos!

I had a hard time finding puros nearby, so I was kinda counting on you thinking "no way he'd send a nic, that's too obvious".

Very nicely played!

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

While watching it, you were smoking a Don Kiki Brown Label, a cigar made entirely of Nicaraguan tobaccos!

I had a hard time finding puros nearby, so I was kinda counting on you thinking "no way he'd send a nic, that's too obvious".

Very nicely played!

That was a brown label? Wow what a difference in taste from the perfectos I got. It was no where near as spicy as the perfectos are to me.

3:10 to Yuma was definitely an awesome movie. I love westerns, especially when they are original like that.

Ya, I dont know what it was that made me think nicaraguan while I was smoking it, but it was probably cause I have smoked more nics than anything and it had a familar taste. So I went with my gut instinct, and as I was about to hit submit I read over your result and was having seconds thoughts. But I was like fugg it Ill go with my gut, hes usually not wrong.

Your next Roham!

Blog Entries

That Kiki came to me in a package from Guado, he said they had about 18 months on them already, perhaps they've mellowed a bit?

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

Very nicely played!
    Also Keep in mind(also IMO) Perfectos seem to have a little more oomph!

Roham you got a PM

Ready and waiting... Fire at will!:)
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Sent em out today USPS. I asked for a DC#, but was told its not available to Canada.

Hope you enjoy the puro Roham.
    Yay! Cigars!

About how long does it take for a package to make it to Canada?
    Yay! Cigars!

The eagle has landed! Cigars look great!!! I'll post my guess as soon as I have a chance to smoke it!!!
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

I smoked it today. Great smoke. Good draw, nice ash for the first half. Smoked it till it was a nub. I would have to guess this smoke to be of Honduran descent!

Glad to see it made it there fine.

Good guess but that was a Nicaraguan puro. A San Cristobal Supremo to be exact.

One of my new favorites......shit seems like everything I smoke lately becomes a favorite...... But it is a really great cigar, and Im glad you enjoyed it.
    Yay! Cigars!

Thread Information