Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PotPass Contest

1. Default

ill play

Ok chris, i smoked the nude... first off, it was a very nice cigar, smooth and creamy with a good spice... my initial thoughts went to IT Cameroon Legend, and later in the stick, it reminded me of a fuente of some sort... both of which are mostly, if not all Dom. Rep.... now i bounced around a few other idea, including Perdomo and Torano, but these are both Nic.s... but after its all said and done, i'm going to go with my initial thoughts that its a Dom. Rep. puro... how'd i do?

Quote Originally Posted by ReV View Post
    Ok chris, i smoked the nude... first off, it was a very nice cigar, smooth and creamy with a good spice... my initial thoughts went to IT Cameroon Legend, and later in the stick, it reminded me of a fuente of some sort... both of which are mostly, if not all Dom. Rep.... now i bounced around a few other idea, including Perdomo and Torano, but these are both Nic.s... but after its all said and done, i'm going to go with my initial thoughts that its a Dom. Rep. puro... how'd i do?
    Joya de Nicaragua Celebracion.

Close ... but no cigar. HEY OH!

Well ReV, thanks for playing. Now you'll add three to the prize pack and send it on it's way. I will have your custom signature ready tonight.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

haha, i forgot about the sig part... oh well, pub, your up next, it'll go out sometime soon...

ok, check out the sweet sig i got for sucking at potpass... I'll be sending out your end, Pub, as soon as i get your adress straight. Check your PMs.
    Last edited by ReV; 07-24-2007 at 11:38 PM.

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I saw that sig pic this morning and spit coffee all over my keyboard. I completely forgot about that part.

Awesome!

spiffy

PM sent. address confirmed.

heads up pub, went out this morning DC [ 0307 0020 0004 3303 0500 ] with any luck it will be there sat.

Got em. Nice looking stick ReV. I love the dark wrappers. This one is a nice dark robusto. Med firmness, med veining, few blemishes, nice cap work. I'll post my guess tommorow.

I'll guess it's a Nic. Did not like this cigar though. I think it looked great, but drew poorly and very hot as well. 1st impression was not good, but warmed up to it a bit. Became very spongy right away and settled down about an inch in flavor wise. Must have been plugged near the foot. Started to run about half way. Settled down & corrected itself quickly. I dropped it on the bar room floor & tossed it. I first thought Drew Estates or Romeo y Julietta because of the spongyness. Guess we're getting a little education in puros. Good pass Chris. Why aint I drinking it yet?

Sorry about the dud pub, its usually a decent stick... that my friend, was a Pinar 3000; 100% CUBAN puro... legal cuban, mind you, but cuban none the less. I know, I know, thats out of left field, but i felt Nic. is such an obvious answer, i needed to make this challenging.
    Last edited by ReV; 07-29-2007 at 01:55 AM.

Well played ReV. Cuban was never even a consideration for a $5 stick. Will pass to Kyle on Monday.
    Last edited by pub spears; 07-29-2007 at 10:40 AM. Reason: $5

Not that I mind going next, I just thought Chris had an order in mind (geographical maybe, I don't know). So how's this working?

spiffy

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Here's the order.

Me
    ReV
    pub spears
    WOXOF
    CgarDan
    nhcigarfan
    BigMacFU
    ashauler
    spiffykyle

keep in mind, if you wanna join just say so. we can easily add people as we go.

we're also gonna need some addresses. at least pm it to the person sending it your way if you don't wanna put in your profile.

Duh! Got the right order now. Oh yea, ChefChris ... you are scaring me. And I will get these out to WOXOF(the other Mississippi Chris) on Mon.
    Last edited by pub spears; 07-29-2007 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pub spears View Post
    Duh! Got the right order now. Oh yea, ChefChris ... you are scaring me. And I will get these out to WOXOF(the other Mississippi Chris) on Mon.
    Cool, I can't wait to give it a shot. BRING IT!

Heads Up! 0307 0020 0003 7939 6319

Got em in today. They are in great shape and resting in the cooler.
    If all goes well. I'll spark it up on Thursday.

Smoked it last night. It was a pretty good cigar. I'm going to have to guess that it was Nicaraguan, but WTF do I know. I usually suck at guessing the cigar.

Ding,ding,ding. You got it. It was a JDN. Should have held the pass for another day and found something oddball at the local B&M. How was the cigar?

Quote Originally Posted by pub spears View Post
    Ding,ding,ding. You got it. It was a JDN. Should have held the pass for another day and found something oddball at the local B&M. How was the cigar?
    Sweet! I enjoyed the cigar a lot more than I thought I would. Was it a JDN Celebracion? The "Nic zing" kinda caught me off guard.

I guess Cigardan is up next. I'll get the pass out on Monday.

Thread Information