Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: PotPass Contest

OK, well here goes.

I gathered my cigar smoking accessories and proceeded to smoke the "Mystery Stick" from MaduroMan:

A robusto sized, slightly dark cigar, the wrapper had a few blemishes but the construction seemed great. The foot was cut at a slight angle which I have never seen before so I don't know if this was a mistake or not.

It first I thought it would be a little tough on the draw as the cigar was pretty firm. However after lighting up it had a perfect draw and burn. The ash was a nice grey with some darker stripes and held on for over an inch. I must say I really enjoyed this cigar. It was slightly spicy to begin with but it mellowed out nicely.

I'm no expert so I won't say that this is anything but a guess, but I'll say it was a Nicaraguan.

So, how did I do? If I hear back today I'll have the package ready to go out to TampaSupremo tomorrow. I am going to Baton Rouge to (hopefully) watch the Gators beat LSU this weekend, so if I don't hear back today I'll get the package in the mail on Monday.

Also, where is MaduroMan's new sig pic? You seem to be slipping a little Chris.

spiffy

Default Hey Spiffy!!!

I really like the way you laid out your review of the mystery stick. What were you drinking?

As far as your guess I’m sorry to say YOU ARE WRONG! The Stick you smoked was a “Santa Clara 1830” Robusto from (ARE YOU SITTING DOWN?) MEXICO! 100% all Mexican long leaf from the San Andres Valley. The stick you smoked I picked up last year on my last visit to Mexico City. These sticks are VERY hard to find here in the states, however they do sell a brand of Santa Clara 1830s called “Havana Reserve” JRs is the only place I know that sells them here. Made from the same tobacco, just they are square pressed instead of rolled like the one you smoked.

I was looking for some Cubans (Just like all of us do when we go there) and got turned on to them. My buddy told me that Mexico has ITS own line of sticks that can hold their own on the market today. My first thought was HELL NO!!! Mexican Sticks SUCK!!! Well I was soon proven wrong. As you said in your review, you really enjoyed the cigar. That’s why I brought 2 boxes home with me on my last visit to Mexico City. I don’t know why Mexican sticks get such a bad wrap (No pun intended) maybe it is because the market does not want them there. Don’t believe the hype; Mexico can produce a good cigar. I found that out and it looks like you did too spiffy.

Glad you enjoyed it! If any body else out there has tried these let me know what you think about em…

Ya know, I was gonna say Mexico with all of the hype you've been giving them around here. I just didn't know that they were a puro as well. Nice Cigar. Had it with a glass of Makers Mark.

Tampa Supremo. I'll add my three to the pot, put in a mystery puro, and get these out the door tomorrow morning. Its a big pot so good luck.

spiffy
    Last edited by spiffykyle; 10-04-2007 at 11:53 PM.

Yo Chris, add another loser to the Sig Tag list...

So the zip-lock for "the pot" was getting a little overcrowded. I ended up just putting everything into a glad-ware with a humi-pack.

To the pot I added:

5 Vegas Miami Churchill
    CI Legends by Don Pepin Garcia (Yellow Label)
    A. Fuente Hemingway Classic

Everything is now resting comfortably, all boxed up and out the door.

TampaSupremo, your DC is:

0103 8555 7492 8250 6433

spiffy

Default Wow!!!

Those are some really good sticks you added spiffy!!! The lucky SOB that hits this pot is going to be VERY HAPPY!!! This Pot has got to be worth almost 100 bones by now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maduro Man View Post
    Yo Chris, add another loser to the Sig Tag list...
    Can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maduro Man View Post
    Those are some really good sticks you added spiffy!!! The lucky SOB that hits this pot is going to be VERY HAPPY!!! This Pot has got to be worth almost 100 bones by now.
    Sounds like I need to start making some room.

TampaSupremo
    "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"-H.P. Lovecraft

Houston, Texas But to a more refined point. 3423 La Seine Lane Spring, TX 77388

This sounds really fun :) How do I join?
    Last edited by Jonjonmacky; 10-10-2007 at 12:57 PM.

Default Got the pot today.

Some nice looking sticks in there. Can't wait to try the nudie stick. Unless there are any objections, I'll continue on to Jonjonmacky.

TampaSupremo

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSupremo View Post
    Some nice looking sticks in there. Can't wait to try the nudie stick. Unless there are any objections, I'll continue on to Jonjonmacky.

TampaSupremo
    No objections.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Gotta hand it to you Chris, this is a pretty cool contest/pass. The idea is great and it theoretically go on forever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    Gotta hand it to you Chris, this is a pretty cool contest/pass. The idea is great and it theoretically go on forever.
    I agree!! It has to return to you though Chris......then lets start it up again!! I'll keep playing.......if for nothing else than to see what sig tag you give me, and how LARGE you force me to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I agree!! It has to return to you though Chris......then lets start it up again!! I'll keep playing.......if for nothing else than to see what sig tag you give me, and how LARGE you force me to make it.

haha, yours is my favorite! Hotpass ... genious.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I don't doubt it.......it's also the biggest, except for maybe Dan's....definitely the biggest f'in loser!! Get it.....Loser! Since Shelby was being cryptic.....thought I would be too.

Default My New Sig Tag

Oh Snap!!! Thanks for making me feel like an ASS...

Cant wait to see Spiffy's
    Last edited by Maduro Man; 10-11-2007 at 10:14 PM. Reason: cuz I suck

Houston, Texas But to a more refined point. 3423 La Seine Lane Spring, TX 77388

so like, to get in, like i buy cigars and a one i make a nude... or i get a nude with others, and if i get it wrong i buy more cigars plus a new nude to someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjonmacky View Post
    so like, to get in, like i buy cigars and a one i make a nude... or i get a nude with others, and if i get it wrong i buy more cigars plus a new nude to someone else?
    Read the first page of the post...If after that you have more questions get in touch with Chris.

Chris. Thanks for the sig tag. Not only do i suck at pot pass but you had to drag my beloved Astros in as well..............jerk

spiffy

Default My guess.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say...Honduran?

What's the word, Spiffy?

TampaSupremo

Thread Information