Thread: On my way to New Orleans

Default On my way to New Orleans

Later this month, I will be going to New Orleans for the first time in my life. I would appreciate any suggestions as to where to eat, and what to see.

I will be staying at a hotel in the French quarter, so I know I am going to go to the cigar shop in the French quarter where they roll their own. I will be there 2 days, 2 nights, and will have both evenings free, so I'm looking for a great restauarant to eat at both evenings. Will also have some free time one afternoon, and may just wander around the French quarter.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Baka, LMK what you think of that cigar shop and how the smokes are. I'm going to be in Loozeyana week of July 09th and that place is high on my priority list. I've heard good 'n bad both about that place and the cigars they roll, but still want to see for myself.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Always wanted to go there. I've really only been out west for vacations and such though but hopefully one day. Make sure to take lots of pictures and post back on how great of a time you had.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Well there are always the popular spots on Bourbon St.

Pat O'Briens actually lives up the the hype in my opinion. The best thing is that they have a live piano bar. Sometimes there's this old lady who comes in and plays the randiest songs you have ever heard. Combine that with a bachelorette party and hoo boy what a fun time!

I don't know if it is open again but i love the Audubon zoo.

Stop by Harrah's and play some poker.

As far as dining, the best places are little hole in the wall joints that aren't on Bourbon St. Just wander around and ask the locals, they will point you to the best cajun food you've ever had.

Ditto on letting us know about that cigar shop. I go over to NOLA a few times a year and I am very interested if that place is worth it.

Have fun man.

spiffy

Default A couple places off the top of my head

Ok, here is some places I would suggest

Pat O's- Food is great, atmosphere is great, hurricanes are great, as someone else said, it lives up to the hype IMHO

Crescent City Brew House- In house brewery (across from Jax Brewery in the French Quarter), sort of a whole in the wall, food is pretty good, not everyones cup of tea, but I like it.

French Market- Open air flea market, as with any other like this, don't even consider paying what the price tags says.

Don't know the name, but at the end of the French Market, there is a outdoor restaurant that has a small stage where local musicans play while you eat. It's outdoors, so smoke what you got

Bars-711 Bourbon, small bar, that I like, it's tiny actually, but I always stop and get at least a beer or two.

Bars-Walk up and down Bourbon and drop in to any bar you want to, be careful not to go too far down, Bourbon (you'll know when), the female population will drop off....they will still be dressed as females, but.....that's all I'm going to say.

Never tried Crescent City Cigars (I think that's the name)

New Orleans is a great city, I don't know what they are saying outside of Louisiana, but don't believe all the reports of how unsafe it is, just like any city there are some dangers, but not anything to be overly worried about.

Have Fun

Thread Information