Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Life is too short

Default Life is too short

All,

I am at a crossroads in my life. I will be going to rehab in a couple days. I do not know where or when, Life sucks. My cousin shot herself in the head 3 weeks ago and that hit close to home. I have been on a drinking binge ever since. I hate my job and want to quit but cannot because I do not want my wife and boys to suffer as a result. I have come to the realization that there is no excuse for my behavior. I just wanted to let you guys know that I care deeply for all of you. You are my family outside of my family. Some things suck, but in retrospect- NOTHING is more important than family. For those that pray, please do. Sorry for the sappy words. I will be back and I will be stronger, damnit.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

wow, man. i will definately pray for you.

and I'll go ahead and speak for Aaron and point out "damnit" is spelled "dammit"

don't worry, i don't believe it either.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

3. Default

That's a wise move. My thought and prayers are with you and yours.

I am the praying type and will pray for you. You are better than this and you know it which is your reason for seeking help.

Stay strong. From what I have seen(in a limited fashion on this board) you are a good man capable of getting this resolved in a good manner.

Good Luck and God Bless You!

Baron
    Remember to breathe

Blog Entries

God Bless and prayers sent.

My prayers are with you. Stay strong and take care of yourself.

James it takes guts to admit to having a problem and even more guts to ask for help. Always remmeber that you do in fact have lots of friends here and we are always here fopr you

Good decision, you are stronger than this and you will come out a bettr person.

My thoughts and prayers to you and your loved ones.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

If we can do anything let us know.

Good luck with rehab. Let us know how you're doing when you are ready.

Do whatever you can to get through this. Remember that you have it within yourself to beat this thing.

Good luck.
    "Science is a candle in the dark" - some science guy

MMmmm... scotch. Another love.

Good luck bruddah! Will be keeping you and yours in our prayers!

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

James, take care of you & yours first & foremost. We'll be here when you get back, and I know you will be stronger.

Peace Bro!!!
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Wow, that took a lot of courage to get off your chest. Thanks for sharing that with us. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You're allways a great guy on here and I'm sure you are many times greater in "real Life". Surround yourself with people that care about you and don't be afraid to lean on them when you need support. You won't be able to do this alone. I wish you the best, hurry back.

That is definitely brave of you to admit and try to fix it! Family is definitely what keeps people together, and it seems you have a wonderful one. Hope all goes well, and please keep us updated. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Hang in there.

18. Default

Take care of yourself. You have a tough road ahead of you but if you think about doing this for you and your family, I am sure you will get through it.
    "You shut your mouth while your talking to me"

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    James it takes guts to admit to having a problem and even more guts to ask for help. Always remmeber that you do in fact have lots of friends here and we are always here fopr you
    I couldnt of said it any better. I know you will do great. You took the first step!
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

i believe we all pray in different ways and every time i light up a cigar, it will be in hopes of your recovery. come back to the family when you are finished you are always welcome here with open arms.
    Life is so fucking good I can taste it in my spit.

Thread Information