Thread: Coolidor Temperature

Default Coolidor Temperature

What is the minimum temperature range you would feel comfortable with in storing cigars in a coolidor or any other device for that matter. I realize that this question is somewhat subjective since everyones tastes are different. However, I am more concerned with damage to the smokes through the temperature being too low for a long period.

I recently set up a coolidor and its down in my basement. The RH is at 70, which Id like to lower a bit but the temperature is only at 60 degrees. Im assuming this is too low. I have smoked a few and they burn fine but am curious as to any long term downsides to the lower temperature. Also, should I lower the RH.

I can bring them upstairs and into a spare room but am sure I will catch a rash of sh*t from my wife. Besides then she's more apt to peek and actually see how much money I waste on my smokes.

And yes Ive used the search and yes it is a wonderful thing. However, Im still not clear as to what effects this will have, if any on the overall health, aging and enjoyment of the cigars.

Thanks.

SFG75 Guest

A good general rule o thumb is 70/70. If the temp is at 70, you have nothing to worry about!.

I like my RH at 65%. Your best bet is to keep the temperature at 70 like he said. To keep your temp down keep it in a basement or out of the sun.

If you live in an area that has high temps you might want to consider and Electric Wine Cooler.

Thread Information