Thread: Letter from my Landlord

Default Letter from my Landlord

CHRISTOPHER:

IT HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT SOMEONE IN YOUR BUILDING IS THROWING FOOD SCRAPS OUT YOUR BACK DOOR. (WATERMELON RINDS)

THIS IS AGAINST COMPANY POLICY

THIS IS UNSANITARY AND UNHEALTHY. THIS WILL CAUSE BUGS, AND ALSO WILL CAUSE MORE STRAY DOGS TO HANG AROUND.

YOU MUST STOP THIS ACTION IMMEDIATELY. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT THROWING OUT FOOD SCRAPS AGAIN, THIS ACTION WILL CAUSE YOUR LEASE TO BE TERMINATED, AND YOU WOULD HAVE TO MOVE.

THANK YOU,
    MRS. IDON'TKNOWWHATIMTALKINGABOUT

I replied that whoever "brought it to her attention" was very wrong in their accusations.

I hate watermelons.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Should have tacked your reply onto a whole watermelon and left it on the leasing office's doorstep.
    Last edited by guado; 07-03-2007 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    Shuld have tacked yoru reply onto a whole watermelon and left iton the leasing office's doorstep.
    I just got a visual of the lady walking up to the note and watermelon and saying "what da hell?" Made me chuckle....

Classic. Have fun with that one.

5. Default

You're gonna get evicted...Na Na Na Na Na Na

Pull a Gallager on her front door step
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

What kind of dog eats watermelons anyway?
    "Science is a candle in the dark" - some science guy

MMmmm... scotch. Another love.

Hey Chris,

although the whole thing seems idiotic take it serious about how you deal and react with it. It can easily be part of someone's strategy to get you out of the building and could be part of some background or documentation effort in a build up to evict. I have seen it before so be real careful. I'd send a formal response in a mail stating that no one in your appartment has done that and also cite your comments on hating watermelon in the first place.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

You have rights as a tenant. Find out what they are; often there are public free resources that can advise you. Fight back, but do it in a way that they will know that A)it's not you, B)I will not be slandered and pushed around, but C)I will be the adult here and show you that I'm not the shitheel, it's whoever is lying about me that is.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Chris - Don't get all worked up over this. Just send the letter and forget about it. It's one of those things that will just go away if you let it.

i can relate to you on this one...in my college dorm, my roomates and i were the only people on the floor that seem to have fun and have personality, so whenever things get torn down or somthing we got the blame. there was no doubt in anybodys mind about it, but we rarely did anything....except for that one time when jfellows punched a hole in the ceiling of the floor common room...

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeman8 View Post
    except for that one time when jfellows punched a hole in the ceiling of the floor common room...
    To be fair, that ceiling REALLY had it coming.

Thank you, finally someone who agree, ceilings, walls and other sheetrock items often taunt people and rarely get what is due to them

I agree with sending a letter and moving past too. Besides, if I were wanting you out of the place I would try the "he's a musician in a band, he must be loud and disturbing approach."

If your going to send a letter send it certified so they know your serious.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

I sent the letter Tuesday, so she should get it today. I was very formal.

Mrs. Lkjalsf,

I can assure you that a watermelon has not entered my apartment as long as I have occupied it. I also have not seen any food scraps of any sort in the back yard. Whoever brought this to your attention was incorrect in their accusations.

Thanks,
    Chris

I left out Tuesday night and got back late last nite. When I got home I saw where someone put a big brown trash can next to my trash can with a bag of trash in it. I have no idea what it's doing there or if it's anyway related to the letter.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

When my roommate and I moved into an upscale apt tower years back - there were apts moving in at the same time. The other apt kept on leaving trash in the hallways. One of the (sigh) older ladies that had nothing better to do started moving the trash in front of our door. At one point, the old nag knocked on our door and had my roommie in tears - she had no idea what was going on. Finally, when one of the neighbors saw the other apt dumping trash, they gave a lackadaisical apology. We moved out as soon as our lease was up.

For fun, you should ask the landlady who it was, sue that person for libel, pain and suffering, and buy that person a watermelon.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post

I left out Tuesday night and got back late last nite. When I got home I saw where someone put a big brown trash can next to my trash can with a bag of trash in it. I have no idea what it's doing there or if it's anyway related to the letter.

Make a quick phone call. At least she'll know you're watching.

BTW: Keep in mind that they really don't want to kick you out and have to rerent your unit. I would say that, unless there are/have been other issues, this will be a one time deal. Just keep it civil and resist the temptation to get offended. Until you have reason to think otherwise, just chalk it up to her doing her job.

my 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by Shelby07; 07-05-2007 at 12:46 PM.

19. Default

OK...I admit it. I threw the watermelon rinds in the yard.

Thread Information