Thread: Transformers

Default Transformers

Holy cow, I just got back from this movie and damn is all I can say. It was fantastic. I was so worried that this was going to be bad as I loved the cartoon so much as a kid but it did not disappoint at all. I really don't have a whole lot to say about it, it was just to good to describe. The transformers were kickass, they kept the original voice of Optimus Prime which rocked. It had humor action and even some very touching moments, I got choked up once. If you love the cartoon go see this movie, if you love action go see this movie, if you just love movies in general go see this movie, basically just go see this movie, it is well worth the price of admission.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Wow, I'm excited to see this movie now.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Totally agree Nate - it was fantastic. Effects were great, the movie was really funny, action kept me on the edge of my seat most of the time, and the gal was purdy.

The fact that Bumblebee wasn't a beetle didn't bother me one bit.

I have the Transformers Movie (cartoon) - came back from the movie and popped the dvd right in.

And the real praise - wife liked it.
    Look at that... I plumb got myself 5 raisins and 7 termites.

I've only heard good things about this movie. Went to see it last night but it was sold out, so I had to see evan almight (pretty good movie) But I can't wait to see this movie.

Saw it last night and I have to agree AMAZING

Quote Originally Posted by mauied1101 View Post
    Totally agree Nate - it was fantastic. Effects were great, the movie was really funny, action kept me on the edge of my seat most of the time, and the gal was purdy.

The fact that Bumblebee wasn't a beetle didn't bother me one bit.

I have the Transformers Movie (cartoon) - came back from the movie and popped the dvd right in.

And the real praise - wife liked it.
    I thought it was pretty cool how when they introduced Bumblebee they had him sitting right next to a VW Beetle, nice little nod there. I enjoyed the dialogue they put in directly from the original movie as well, some of Optimus's lines for example. I definitely want to see it again. My wife went with me and before Optimus fights with Megatron at the end of the movie when he transforms she whispered to me, "It's so awesome my eyes just can't take it all in." WOW!
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

I loved it too. Was a big fan growing up. Only problem I had is they didn't focus on the robots enough. Too much humans, not enough autobots. And when Jazz got killed you didn't really feel that sorry for him because you didn't get to know him. He only had 2 or 3 lines int he whole movie. And the whole part about the autobots hiding around the house while the boy is arguing with his parents was over the top, and lame. Coulda done with out that scene. It shoulda been left on the cutting room floor, they coulda used that time building the robots characters better, or more close ups of the chicks tummy! WOOT!

All in all it was a fantastic movie and I do recommend it. Just hope the next one focus' more on the reasons why we went to the movie in the first place. The Transformers.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Eh, it was ok, but I've seen so many Michael Bay movies in the same mold they're getting a little old. He uses the same formula over and over again, and I don't really think he gets much out of actors, and leans heavily on $100+ millions of dollars of special effects. Maybe I'm just getting tired of his movies.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

saw it last nite. just one of those movies you have to see in theaters.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Movie was awesome. I went in thinking that it was going to be a bit cheesy, but it wasnt at all. It was a little darker than the cartoon and the OG movie, but that just made it better. Cant wait for a sequel.

On a side note, I got lucky enough to see them filming this movie back in 06' on a freeway they are building just a city over. I was driving home from work and saw an awesome cop car (which turned out to be Barricade), then I saw two tricked out Rescue Hummers (which were Ratchet), then I saw some guys taking a huge car cover off a chrome, red/blue flamed big rig and though "HOLY SHIT! ITS OPTIMUS PRIME!" I didnt know they were filming it there and realized it after I saw the big rig.
    2 Funky Chickens!
    2.5 Pomegranates

I gotta check this out. Is it appropriate for a 3 yo boy?

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    I gotta check this out. Is it appropriate for a 3 yo boy?
    well, people die, but you don't actually see them die. but you know when he picks up a minivan and throws it down the street a quarter mile. People get shot, too, but they have a way of disguising it. The point is, you don't actually SEE anyone die, you just know it's going on.

And I only heard maybe a handful of cuss words.
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

OK, so I'm a huge movie guy. I love seeing movies. For the most part I go to be entertained.

And holy crap does this movie deliver!

I grew up with the toys and watching the cartoon and the original movie. I was super psyched to see this movie and I loved it!! One of those that I'm probably going to see again in the theaters. Lots of crazy action sequences, super FX, and even a few funny spots.

As for the appropriateness for small kids...its VERY loud. Lots of guns and bombs and explosions. You do see a few people kick the bucket (remember the little guy on AF1 chefchris) but nothing explicit, no blood and wounds. I would think that reall little kids would be more scared by the noise, and the rest would have a blast. I know if I was 10 I'd be sneaking back into the theater to watch it again.

This is definitely a fun movie to watch.

spiffy

Quote Originally Posted by spiffykyle View Post
    Lots of guns and bombs and explosions. You do see a few people kick the bucket (remember the little guy on AF1 chefchris) but nothing explicit, no blood and wounds.
    ya, that's what i was referring to when I say people got shot. You don't see the impact of the bullet, just the guys laying there in a blurry background. There's a big fight at the beginning where almost everyone dies, but like everyone's said, you don't actually see them die. just kind of ... dissapear.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    ya, that's what i was referring to when I say people got shot. You don't see the impact of the bullet, just the guys laying there in a blurry background. There's a big fight at the beginning where almost everyone dies, but like everyone's said, you don't actually see them die. just kind of ... dissapear.
    Thats what a lot of movies do in order to ensure that all-important PG rating. Even a PG-13 can be the kiss of death, much less the R rating, thus, lots of bloodless killing.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thanks guys, it sounds like I'll have to check it out before taking my son. He's asking to go see it and has been watching the cartoons lately. He may have to wait until I buy it on DVD.

Wise choice. There is a scene where the mother asks her son if he "does what teenage boys do, alone, with a Playboy Magazine" (didn't want to say the word). It's a FUNNY scene, BUT may be awkward if your son starts asking you what that is.

Case in point, one of my friend's took his 8 yr old son to watch it, and his son keeps on asking him what it was until he broke down and finally told him.

Good CGI, but wasn't much for the plot. I'm a Transformers fan though, so I had to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Thanks guys, it sounds like I'll have to check it out before taking my son. He's asking to go see it and has been watching the cartoons lately. He may have to wait until I buy it on DVD.
    Last edited by FunkyCold5; 07-11-2007 at 09:29 AM.

Thread Information