Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007-2008 CS Fantasy Football League

Default 2007-2008 CS Fantasy Football League

I know this could be posted in sports like Jaxxstraw did for his league, but since the pay out is cigars, it is a contest. I've set up this years Fantasy Football League for us (sorry about no warning Dan, I wanted to guarantee a good draft time as late as possible).

It will be a live on-line draft on Sunday Sept. 4 at 10:00pm. I picked as late a weekend draft date as possible because we all know what happens when someone gets injured in the preseason.

We have 10 teams now, buy in is 25 dollars because we are short the 12 and want to be able to get a nice selection of stogies for the prizes. If anyone else wants to join, say so now. So, we need 11 people for the league with a buy in at 20 dollars (I count as one, so it's a 12 team league). The prizes will be dealt for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and I will throw in a nice package for the person with the best record for the regular season. The prize package itself will consist of some very nice ISOMs (e.g. last year we were able to purchase two boxes with the most cigars going to first, and so forth).

To be in the league all you need to do is jump on the list by saying you want in below. People from last year's league get first bids for teams. We will create a waiting list if there are a lot of people wanting in, because there are always those who forget to pay and so cannot play.

If demand is high enough (20 plus people), I will set up another league.

Once you are in the league, I will pm you the password to register.

Below in another post are the scoring rules or check out the league's url: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/226250

Hex, once the league is set up and running, I'll create a new thread in the sports section so that all trash talking can go there!

Participants:
    BigMacFU
    CgarDan
    Derivation
    Sidewinder
    BassFever
    Heftysmokes
    SpiffyKyle
    Geoffrie (CigarWeekly)
    SLCRaiders
    Gaines1016
    Last edited by BigMacFU; 08-30-2007 at 06:33 PM. Reason: added url; participants
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (8 teams)
    Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
    Stat Categories: Completions (.5)
    Passing Yards (50 yards per point; 5 points at 300 yards; 5 points at 500 yards)
    Passing Touchdowns (6)
    Interceptions (-2)
    Sacks (-1)
    Rushing Yards (20 yards per point; 5 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards)
    Rushing Touchdowns (6)
    Receptions (1)
    Reception Yards (20 yards per point; 5 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 250 yards)
    Reception Touchdowns (6)
    Return Yards (30 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards)
    Return Touchdowns (6)
    2-Point Conversions (2)
    Fumbles Lost (-2)
    Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
    Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
    Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
    Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-3)
    Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-2)
    Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-1)
    Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (-.5)
    Point After Attempt Made (1)
    Point After Attempt Missed (-1)
    Sack (2)
    Interception (2)
    Fumble Recovery (2)
    Touchdown (6)
    Safety (4)
    Block Kick (2)
    Points Allowed 0 points (10)
    Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
    Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
    Points Allowed 14-20 points (2)
    Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
    Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
    Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Sean, I def want in. One suggestion though: Perhaps we can set the draft for a weekday at around 9 or 10 pm. Most people would be home at that time if its is not a Friday. Weekend afternoons are sometimes a problem

Count Me In!!!

I'm willing to change to a weekday night draft time because we'd then be able to draft even closer to the start of the season (i.e. the 4th of September instead of the 2nd). If we get enough people to say yes, then it's settled.

I will continue to update the participant list.

I'm in, but only if we draft during the week, that weekend I'll be in boston at a wedding
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

As I said, we'll see how people's schedules are. You can set your predraft rankings though and have it autodraft.

Count me in
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

bump bump

Draft time changed to 09/04/2007 at 10:00pm EST!!!

Blog Entries

Make way for Off Constantly, the returning CS FFL Champion!

half way there guys, come on now, six more participants!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    Draft time changed to 09/04/2007 at 10:00pm EST!!!
    Thanks Dude this will be a much better time

HEY YOU SLACKERS LET"S SEE SOME ACTION HERE SIGN UP OR ELSE

Either we just have a lot of lame ass members or the prize is not good enough. Can't do anything for those lazy bastids but as far as the prize goes.

I am going to send an extra something special ( read some really nice goodies ) to the person with the highest score at the end of the season

You know I guess I'll play. Someone has to come in last

Hopefully I'll be able to draft live.

spiffy

Come on kiddies, the league is a lot of fun and it helps you stay up to date with all the NFL goings-on.

So many members, so few men, just a bunch of little sissy girls (no offense ladies, you're not girls anymore) who probably like some wuss sport like soccer and not a true sport like FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!! Join up panzies, unless you're scared!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    So many members, so few men, just a bunch of little sissy girls (no offense ladies, you're not girls anymore) who probably like some wuss sport like soccer and not a true sport like FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!! Join up panzies, unless you're scared!
    Pfff...we all know the only real football league is the CFL.

{*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

We'll be up to seven with Geoffrie from CigarWeekly. Another NYC man too.

Thread Information