Thread: Hygrometer

Default Hygrometer

So I have the new Humidor and it came with a analog hygrometer. So I did the salt test and left it in a zip lock bag in the humidor for 2 days. Didn't have time to play with it yesterday. It reads 63% so it's off. In the back it has a hole and what looks to be a space for a screw drive to go. So I put the screw driver in and turn. The Numbers and the arrow all turn. WTF! How do you adjust something if everything turns as one piece??? Why the hell you you have a hole with a slot if it doesn't adjust it?

And people ask me why I drink so much!

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

If your not able to adjust it just make a note of how much off it is (12%) and take that into account when reading it. Easiest thing to do is just get a digital hygrometer. I finally did after using the analog that came with my humidor. It's much easier.
    Brian Wells

Before I went digital, I had the same prob but even worse. I turned the screw and everything turned- so when attempting to screw back in the opposite direction, the whole screw mechanism snapped. Worthless!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

ha... my first analog was so cheap it had a fake screw... looked like a screw, but when you when to turn it, it was actually part of the plastic casing... how rediculous, the only wway to adjust it was to blindly probe around through a hole in the middle of the "screw" with a needle or something, and even then it wasn't very accurate.

Definitely go digital.

I bought one Diamond Crown digital to use for all the humidors and humidibags I use, and it works perfectly. Definitely worth the money. Analog hygrometers are crap.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

7. Default

just got the adjustable digital hygroset hygrometer. also, Madelaine digitals are prettyh accurat. Little havana-NOT.

Thread Information