Thread: Fridgedor Deal

If hell arrives on Earth, it will be the I-10.

Default Fridgedor Deal

They got a nice sized thermoelectric (no compressors!) mini fridge over at Staples here.

Or item number if you can't reach the link: 635727
    A good book, a cigar, and a nice tall glass of STFU.

How does something like that work? Do you just add beads, then put your cigars in whichever cigar boxes you can get a hold of?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    How does something like that work? Do you just add beads, then put your cigars in whichever cigar boxes you can get a hold of?
    bump cause I'd like to know too

Its the same as using a wine cooler. Basically its a coolerdor with a thermoelectric AC unit, so yeah, just add humidity control and box up your cigars, or use singles trays as well.

It's a peltier based AC unit so no compressor means no condensor. It also means that the air inside doesn't mix with the outside air. The fan just recirculates inside air after running it over a cold sink.

One problem you can run into is that since you are humidifying the interior, condensation will still form on the cold surfaces of the AC unit. So you need some place for that condensate to go. Most people just use some plastic and route a path for the water back to the beads.

I didn't see any specifications on it so i'd be interested to know what the warmest setting on the fridge is. Wouldn't want it to chill your sticks.

spiffy

Thread Information