Thread: Flying with a lighter

1. Default Flying with a lighter

Heard on the news today that it's gonna be legal to fly with a lighter again so the TSA can look for real explosives. Guess I'll never use my Colibri TSA approved lighter container for packing a lighter in luggage.

I had a bottle of salsa confiscated on the way home from my last trip. Made me feel real safe. I'm pretty sure it was the metal top of the jar that they saw. If I had the salsa in plastic bags, they probably wouldn't have found it unless I fell victim to a random search.

That's weird, I had a bag of chips taken from me, I have a feeling there was a fiesta going on!

Seriously, I don't understand the logic sometimes, my mother had to sneak her insulin last time she took a trip, because of the no liquids thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoys View Post
    Heard on the news today that it's gonna be legal to fly with a lighter again so the TSA can look for real explosives. Guess I'll never use my Colibri TSA approved lighter container for packing a lighter in luggage.
    The ban lift only applies to disposable type lighters and zippo type lighters. Torch lighters are still banned as they produce a hotter flame, so you'd still need that TSA approved case to take along a torch lighter.

spiffy

Quote Originally Posted by spiffykyle View Post
    The ban lift only applies to disposable type lighters and zippo type lighters. Torch lighters are still banned as they produce a hotter flame, so you'd still need that TSA approved case to take along a torch lighter.

spiffy
    Thanfully I have several soft-flame premium lighters so I will be taking those with me when I travel.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

5. Default

Can you still take an empty torch in your check on?

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Thanfully I have several soft-flame premium lighters so I will be taking those with me when I travel.
    Can you expand on "soft-flame premium lighters"? Any brands that you recommend? I assume that this is more than the "BIC" style that is currently allowed as carry on?
    THX in advance

Blog Entries

This link will show you one example of a soft flame.
    http://xikar.com/product_lighter_flintfireii.asp

Quote Originally Posted by geep View Post
    Can you expand on "soft-flame premium lighters"? Any brands that you recommend? I assume that this is more than the "BIC" style that is currently allowed as carry on?
    THX in advance
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."
    ~Edward G. Robinson
    =====
    "Ain't nothin' better than a damn good cigar."
    ~EdgeMan
    =====

Thread Information