Thread: Board Problems?

Default Board Problems?

When browsing forums, it will not let me go past page 2! I can reorder the posts by views/posts ect., but when I click on page 2, 3..... it just reloads page 1
    It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Blog Entries

I can not reproduce the problem. What browser are you using? Any particular thread that is having the problem?
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

I actually have this problem as well, using both Firefox and IE.

The problem is not when browsing the posts within a thread, but when browsing the thread subjects in the forum, at least for me.

For example, from the main forum page, I click to go into the "Cigars" page. From there I can't see more than the first page of threads. All the links at the top for the page numbers say the same thing.

In order to get to the next page of threads I have to put "&page=2" at the end of the URL. Once I'm past the first page, then the page links work normally.

spiffy

Quote Originally Posted by spiffykyle View Post
    I actually have this problem as well, using both Firefox and IE.

The problem is not when browsing the posts within a thread, but when browsing the thread subjects in the forum, at least for me.

For example, from the main forum page, I click to go into the "Cigars" page. From there I can't see more than the first page of threads. All the links at the top for the page numbers say the same thing.

In order to get to the next page of threads I have to put "&page=2" at the end of the URL. Once I'm past the first page, then the page links work normally.

spiffy
    mine does that too... i just never have the need to go past page 1 though.

I've noticed this also.

Blog Entries

Ahh, ok. That I can reproduce. I'll work on a fix as soon as possible. I think I know what the problem is. I need to upgrade VB this weekend, it should be a good time to try to fix it.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention!
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

7. Default

I was just trying to research some past posts...I experenced the same problem.

I just wanted to post in this thread.

Sorry to create work for you hex.
    It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face.

Blog Entries

Ok I was playing around with a solution to this problem and think I got it about figured out. I just need to get some reg exp code written to rewrite our current url structure to a new structure.

Should have it done in a couple of days

For those that don't know if you hit the arrow down by the page numbers you get a popup box that lets you put a page number in. That works for going to other pages.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch View Post
    For those that don't know if you hit the arrow down by the page numbers you get a popup box that lets you put a page number in. That works for going to other pages.

DG
    Thanks for pointing that out, never noticed that feature before.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    Ok I was playing around with a solution to this problem and think I got it about figured out. I just need to get some reg exp code written to rewrite our current url structure to a new structure.

Should have it done in a couple of days
    That sounds like dolphin squeal to me
    I'm not big on doing reviews, tobacco doesn't taste like "cocoa" or "nutty" or "mocha" to me, it tastes like freakin' TOBACCO. I know what I like and I really don't care what other people think of other cigars. I've never read a review and said to myself "Wow, that sounds like a cigar I'd like to try!"

Thread Information