Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cao...

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    Slightly ironic, but I still wholeheartedly agree with the overall statement.

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    Friggin asshat is about to get owned if he doesnt learn his place. dumbass. Calling someone a douche for HELPING?! WTF!
    How is saything that "CS is not a place for asses helping when all I did is ask a question?

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Jack View Post
    Why are you calling him a douche for giving you some details about the cigar?
    How is saying that CS is not a palce for "Asses" helping me with info?

Default With all due respect

Gentlemen:

With all due respect I was just really trying to get some info on the CAO line of smokes. I did not intend to step on any toes or piss any of you off. Please accept my apology to all of you. I really don’t see how saying that “CS is not a place for asses is helping me with info”

On the other hand, please accept my apology for the disrespect… I was just trying to get some info. I will try to word my future questions more carefully.

Maduro Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maduro Man View Post
    How is saything that "CS is not a place for asses helping when all I did is ask a question?
    Where did ggiese "say" that? I read this: "Don't feel too bad about "hating" ths "CAO from Italy" - The cigar is not really from Italy - just one of the three filler tobaccos."

And CS is a place for asses.....just a bad one.

Gentlemen:

With all due respect I was just really trying to get some info on the CAO line of smokes. I did not intend to step on any toes or piss any of you off. Please accept my apology to all of you. I really don’t see how saying that “CS is not a place for asses is helping me with info”

On the other hand, please accept my apology for the disrespect… I was just trying to get some info. I will try to word my future questions more carefully.

Maduro Man
    You are either a really bad troll, paranoid or so damn stupid I doubt you could breath without someone helping you to remember to inhale.

"CS... a bad place for asses" is ggiese's member title, not part of his response to you. He gave you info about CAO. Then you called him a douche for it.

Now you are going back and editing your posts. Classy. By the way, stop reporting ggiese. I am one of the 2 mods here and we aren't banning him because you are to stupid to figure out how to read a post. Dimwit!

Well, he fucked up but he came out and apologized formally for it right after. We've certainly given him enough shit to set him straight, and he seems (other than this) to be an eager new member worthy of a forgiving. I know that I made a post in bad taste when I first started here (and duly received chastisement), but since then I like to think that I've been a positive and contributive member of the board. I know I'm still a (relatively speaking) noob here, but for what it's worth I'm willing to give this guy a 2nd chance. The only reason I've been able to complete a dozen or so trades/PIFs/reviews, send out a few cools bombs, etc, is because I was able to adapt to this board. I think we should give "Mad Man" (do I sense a new nickname?) a shot to redeem himself. If he fucks up again, then we can ship him a (REAL) bomb.

Last edited by JFellows; 08-12-2007 at 10:49 PM.

Well, he fucked up but he came out and apologized formally for it right after. We've certainly given him enough shit to set him straight, and he seems (other than this) to be an eager new member worthy of a forgiving. I know that I made a post in bad taste when I first started here (and duly received chastisement), but since then I like to think that I've been a positive and contributive member of the board. I know I'm still a (relatively speaking) noob here, but for what it's worth I'm willing to give this guy a 2nd chance. The only reason I've been able to complete a dozen or so trades/PIFs/reviews, send out a few cools bombs, etc, is because I was able to adapt to this board. I think we should give "Mad Man" (do I sense a new nickname?) a shot to redeem himself. If he fucks up again, then we can ship him a (REAL) bomb.
    Well put.
    Brian Wells

Well, he fucked up but he came out and apologized formally for it right after.
    Half ass apologies don't count. He still doesn't get that george didn't call him an ass as evidenced by the 4th sentence in his "apology" post. Until he gets that, and apologizes to george for claiming george attacked him, he can just keep getting batted around like a half flat tennis ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    Half ass apologies don't count. He still doesn't get that george didn't call him an ass as evidenced by the 4th sentence in his "apology" post. Until he gets that, and apologizes to george for claiming george attacked him, he can just keep getting batted around like a half flat tennis ball.
    Fair enough, but I still attribute that to him being ignorant as to how posts/online forums work. I don't see it as being malicious, just ignorant. I could be wrong, though...

I still say we put this behind us, but you're right - an editing of posts and a direct apology to George, as well as a commitment that he now understands how posts/signature/user text mechanics work, is definitely in order. I hate to come across as an amnesty-worshiping bastard, but since I and others were forgiven once, I can't help but give this guy the benefit of the doubt, especially based on his other enthusiastic posts.
    Last edited by JFellows; 08-12-2007 at 11:08 PM.

Default Once again I am sorry

Gentlemen,

I see that I have sealed my own fate here. Once again I do apologize and offer my sincerest apologies to George for casting the first stone. I misinterpreted his words and took them as a personal attack. Once again for that I am sorry. My only intention with coming onto this sight was to get useful information into a hobby I truly love, not anger the many other members who (as I was shown) have a lot more knowledge in the area of cigars then I do. I do not want to cause a distraction to your family; I only wanted to add to it.

This will be my last post and I will humbly leave your sight. I wish you all the best and once again, I hope you all can accept my apology.

Maduro Man

Everyone makes mistakes. And I for one believe you've received plenty of reprimand. You have apologized, and my guess is you will be forgiven. So why not just stick around and learn as you intended now that you have a better understanding of how to handle yourself on the board?
    Brian Wells

Default i agree

stay longer. these things usualy die out.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

Gentlemen,

I see that I have sealed my own fate here. Once again I do apologize and offer my sincerest apologies to George for casting the first stone. I misinterpreted his words and took them as a personal attack. Once again for that I am sorry. My only intention with coming onto this sight was to get useful information into a hobby I truly love, not anger the many other members who (as I was shown) have a lot more knowledge in the area of cigars then I do. I do not want to cause a distraction to your family; I only wanted to add to it.

This will be my last post and I will humbly leave your sight. I wish you all the best and once again, I hope you all can accept my apology.

Maduro Man
    See!!! I told you guys it was only a sparkler and not fireworks...

Stick around MaduroMan - you shot yourself in the foot, but not in the head.

It sure is refreshing to see some light in a dim tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Stick around MaduroMan - you shot yourself in the foot, but not in the head.

I have to agree with George here. That fact you didn't completely meltdown when being called out and are showing what appears to be genuine remorse speaks well for you MadMan. Stick around. You survived taking your lumps, and have apologized. It could be all up from here.

Speaking as someone who put both feet in their mouth over two years ago when I first got here, take your lumps, and start rebuilding your rep if you want to stay. It can be done, and this is a fine cigar site if you want to stay.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Default ok...

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Speaking as someone who put both feet in their mouth over two years ago when I first got here, take your lumps, and start rebuilding your rep if you want to stay. It can be done, and this is a fine cigar site if you want to stay.
    I'll try and do right by you all.

I'll try and do right by you all.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Glad you've decided to stick around.
    Brian Wells

Thread Information