Thread: Cain F Lancero -The Showstopper!

Default Cain F Lancero -The Showstopper!

I had the pleasure of smoking this cigar with Studio Tobac's Ambassador Bryan "The Show" Scholle.

I joked around with the name Showstopper for the single reason that this cigar pretty much ceases your desire for any cigar in the same sitting. Don't get me wrong. You will still want to smoke another one but it's a hard one to follow up.

The smell and cold draw from this cigar is unique. It is a bit hard to describe other than not a typical Cain or Cain F. The draw was firm but not tight.

Initial light-spicy and potent. An intitial complexity that I could not quite pinpoint, however, spicy was the major role anyhow. Spicy on the palate and on the lips. I LOVE spice in a cigar!

As it was smoked down the flavors of a deep black espresso came to light with the spice maintaining a role in flavors. Some toasted nuts were in the background.

Towards the latter half the espresso was maintaining and the spice was still there but in a subdued fashion. You could still tell it was a major player but not overpowering the cigar. The generally ligero sweetness appears in a supporting roll in the cigar and not really noted until the second half.

I will say this. The cigar is one of the strongest I have had in a while. I got a bit of a cigar buzz from this animal. A nice lingering finish of a twangy goodness. As much as I love a few cigars in a sitting this one made me only want one. I will post some pictures asap.

In short-enjoy it, smoke it slow and soak up the goodness it has to offer. :banger

Blog Entries

Well, perhaps the lancero is worth another try for me. Thanks for the review.

They aren't for everyone but given the right blend and smoking it in a way the lancero likes to be smoked...there is much enjoyment in this stick.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    It is a bit hard to describe other than not a typical Cain or Cain F.
    So, have you smoked other vitolas of the Cain F's? How did they compare in your opinion?

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

They aren't for everyone but given the right blend and smoking it in a way the lancero likes to be smoked...there is much enjoyment in this stick.
    The Lancero is my favorite vitola......I am comfortable smoking them. I meant that the regular Cain was boring, imho, and after smoking through a 5er I wasn't interested in trying them again.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    So, have you smoked other vitolas of the Cain F's? How did they compare in your opinion?

-Buzz
    I have smoked plenty of the Cain and Cain F line. Some similarities but completely in its own league. There is a much higher concentration of ligero in this size.

Blog Entries

I have smoked plenty of the Cain and Cain F line. Some similarities but completely in its own league. There is a much higher concentration of ligero in this size.
    I just can't get used to that size... I always feel like I am about to drop the cigar. I wonder if I could duct-tape three lanceros together to make a...

MEGA Lancero!

-Buzz

Blog Entries

I. Some toasted nuts were in the background.
    For a minuted I thought I was in the Christmas contest thread....oh wait that would be roasted nuts!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    I just can't get used to that size... I always feel like I am about to drop the cigar. I wonder if I could duct-tape three lanceros together to make a...

MEGA Lancero!

-Buzz
    I Would pretty much buy you three to see that happen!

Blog Entries

I Would pretty much buy you three to see that happen!
    Sounds like a plan......we'll expect video buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Sounds like a plan......we'll expect video buzz.
    and video of the aftermath! LOL

Blog Entries

Ha! Maybe for a bottle of scotch... I emptied my Lagavulin the other night.

By the way, I picked up a bottle of Laphroaig Cask Strength and it has a great taste (I dig it much more than the standard 10 year). Probably should post that in the drinks thread... but I feel a little lazy today.

-Buzz

Thread Information